ok, another relaxer question...(mizzani or affirm

asummertyme

users)..
now, i would like to buy a good relaxer, but i need your opnion on what to get...
i would like to try, mizzani, or affirm...
are they no lye relaxers...
do they burn the scalp, as i burn really easily...
help me too pick one out...
thnx

I use Affirm Lye relaxer. My hair never feel dry at all. Affirm comes in both lye and no lye formulas. Remember no lye is better on the scalp and Lye is harsher on the scalp but much better on the hair. I always base my scalp so the lye never burns.

Affirm burns me very quickly in all strengths I've tried other than fiberguard which caused horrible shedding. Mizani sensitive scalp straightens well w/o burning but because it's no lye it left my hair dry after about two weeks and very difficult to detangle. I now use Mizani mild because it's no lye but it will burn unless I pre-treat with castor oil.

I use Affirm Mild Lye and it works great.
smile.gif
I've used the Fiberguard No Lye and it caused scalp irritation and shedding for me, but many ladies love it.

Here's the Avlon site for Affirm

[ QUOTE ]
DahomeyAhosi said:
Affirm burns me very quickly in all strengths I've tried other than fiberguard which caused horrible shedding. Mizani sensitive scalp straightens well w/o burning but because it's no lye it left my hair dry after about two weeks and very difficult to detangle. I now use Mizani mild because it's no lye but it will burn unless I pre-treat with castor oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure that Mizani mild has no lye, I never paid attention..... Anyway, I personally never used Affirm, but I have used it on other people and it works like a charm, I have used Mizani medium, and so far it's the best yet, even better than the Vitale I used to use.

I like Affirm Mild or Affirm Sensitive scalp, I have only used the no-lye version. Both leave my hair straight and silky.

I use Mizani Sensitive scalp relaxer it the best I have ever use tried.
This relaxer does not burn my scalp and I can go 14 weeks post relaxer even when using my harsh dandruff poo.

The Mizani mild I use is lye. I don't believe this strength comes as no-lye but I could be wrong. Mizani sensitive scalp is no-lye.

I personally loved Affirm when I was relaxed, wouldn't let anything else touch my hair after using it for the first time.

Re: ok, another relaxer question...(mizzani or af

I have used both, I like Mizani better... but I use the lye versions. My hair behaved well with both, but for me... Mizani gave silkier/healthier feeling result. My hair used to feel down right anemic after a touch up with Affirm.

[ QUOTE ]
Britt said:
I like Affirm Mild or Affirm Sensitive scalp, I have only used the no-lye version. Both leave my hair straight and silky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

I am going to buy the 4lb. tub of Affirm lye (mild) from Sheldeez, they have it for $33.60 right now.

Back