Help: Affirm users advice needed!!!!

delp

I have fine hair. Wanted to know which affirm relaxer is best.
Affirm regular conditioning lye relaxer OR Affirm with Fiberguard lye relaxer.

Which would be better for fine hair?

:D Thanks. Newbie

brickhouse

Fiberguard is supposed to be better than just the regular Affirm. Everyone I knew that used the Fiberguard had longer hair. I also switched to the Fiberguard. It is supposed to protect your hair from overprocessing. I think the website is www.avlon.com.

Carlie

I think you should use the Affirm mild as well. :)

My hair is thick as well as coarse and the Affirm Lye Normal relaxes my hair straight. My mother's hair is more fine and she uses Affirm Lye Mild. :)

kizzylonghair

Hi,

I have very fine hair too, its about 4a. I use Affirm fibre Guard, as it is mild and doesnt take all of the body out of our already fine hair.
Its great if your hair isnt particular in great shape. Less straighting, Less damage

Kizzy

LoriLOCX

I think the Affirm product you choose depends on what you want to achieve. For straighter hair use the lye. For stronger hair without the real straightness use the FiberGuard. Affirm is an awesome product and I've tried all their formulas. Just make sure you don't skip the steps that alot of salons do!!! I use the lye formula - moisture plus or sensitive scalp. If you use the lye formula, start with the Protecto. It goes on ALL of your hair prior to relaxing. Follow the relaxer with the Reconstructor for 5 minutes prior to neutralizing. I usually add one shampoo of the Hydrating shampoo before conditioning with the Hemecto conditioner. I love this!!!

My hair is fine/medium coarse in texture, and dark brown. I'm new to the forum, so I haven't profiled my hair type yet.