Ojon products

MuseofTroy

Has anyone used Ojon products? I'm trying out their nurturing set and so far I really love it. Although the smell is not my favorite (it smells like coffee) my hair is much softer and isn't breaking at all. In addition I'm also using their conditioning finishing paste which my hair is going nuts over. Although I think their products are a tad bit expensive, I really do think it does a great job. Has anyone else used their products?

planodiva

My hair was breaking off something fierce after a bad perm and I brought the restoration kit. Needless to say I did enjoy the product hair mask(but hated the poo and con) but a couple of weeks after I brought it Candy_C gave the recipe for an avocado mask that had the Ojon mask beat.

I chalk it up to experience. I would never endorse the line but would not sway you away from it either.

Missi

I love their Ultra Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner & Revitalizing Mist: Other than that: some of their other products my hair doesn't like or see a difference in my hair. I'll give it a shot one day on my lil sis's hair

chickory_bee

I was watching QVC and saw the infomercial on OJON and I SOOO wanted to order some. I called a fellow hair fanatic friend of mine, and she told me that the 'secret ingredient' was palm nut, and being from a country where palm nut/oil is in an abundance, the need to pay so much for it did not strike me as pressing.
I have heard from people that LOVE it though, so I said that I would try it in 2008.

Royal Glory

I'm an Ojon lover. I use a lot of their products, but I've found a couple that my hair doesn't respond as well too.

If nothing else, Ojon helped me move from dry, brittle, breaking hair to softer, longer, healthier hair. And once on that journey with Ojon, it brought me to LHCF. Maybe I love it partly because of that.

newflowers

I really like the treatment - makes my hair really soft and easy to comb. I don't mind the smell - kind of earthy.

I bought the revitalizing kit and will use the ultra hydrating shampoo and conditioning for the two weeks after C&G before I relax with a couple of keraphix protein treatments.

I've not tried any of their other products.

mspm

I fell in love with Ojon the first time I used it! My hair particularly likes the treatment (palm oil) and the con (shea butter). I do think you have to use all the products (treatment, poo, con, etc.) in order to get the full benefit. Since it's so expensive, I decided to just buy some palm oil and shea butter though. HTH.

adw425

I ordered the treatment when it first came out and loved it. If not for the treatment, I probably would have broken down and relaxed again. It lasted a long time -- almost a year -- but I never cared for the price. The shampoo and conditioner (a gift to me that I gave away to an LHCF member), the paste, hydrating cream did not agree with my hair and I returned those to QVC, but that has been a good two years ago. I just ordered the revitalizing mist because for some reason, I believe that it just might work for me for when I flat iron my hair for an upcoming special occasion. I need something light and something protective and something not oily and serums do not work for me. If it doesn't work, I can always send it back to QVC.

neenee280

I love Ojon. I got mine from Sephora. A white lady recommended it over Carol's daughter and told me they could not keep it on the shelf. I loved it. I went back later and talked to a guy that worked there that had beautiful hair and he used it too. I havent been able to get some for awhile but i tried to get it from QVC but there was a waiting list. I wasnt pressed because I love my dominican products and can get Ojon whenever I just want to treat my hair and myself to something different.

Dak

I just picked up their Daily Intensive Shine Treatment which is nice, adds shine & soft feeling to my ends. Doesn't weigh down my hair. It's called a serum, it has Dimethiconol, which I think is a cone. I like the palm oil treatment, I actually like the smell, it reminds me of amber resin.

Edited to add, don't buy their Intensive Shine Treatment! I didn't recognize the first ingredient as a cone, it's CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, supposedly the worst cone for curly hair. Think I'll stick with the restorative treatment.

Last edited:

LikeNoOther

I LOVE the restorative treatment. The shampoo and conditioner never gave me consistent results. The restorative treatment makes my hair look and feel thicker. I have alot of body, bounce and volume. My hair also has a nice shine to it as well. I like to keep it on for 3 hours plus. My newgrowth is soft after this and my hair is silky. I think this product is well worth it! :up: