Has anyone used Ojon products?

carolb21

I just read about a product called Ojon. Has anyone on the board used this?
It sounds really good.

zorra

Yes I have used it and it smells like coffee but as far as it being worth the price I would say pass. I paid $50.00 for it when it first came out on qvc. You are better off mixing your own oils together.

ravenmerlita

I use the Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment. I do like it, it makes my hair shiny and very soft. I don't care as much for the smell. Also, it lasts a really long time.

sareca

ravenmerlita said:
I use the Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment. I do like it, it makes my hair shiny and very soft. I don't care as much for the smell. Also, it lasts a really long time.

I liked it too, but when it ran out I didn't buy anymore. I might in the future, tho.

SouthernGirl

Funny you mention this - I recently tried the Restorative Treatment and my hair LOVED it! It really responded well. I was in a BSS and was looking for an oil treatment and the stylist recommended it. I really like it a lot. I haven't used any new products in ages, but I'm really interested in trying some of their other products to see if they work as well.

I'll always remain faithful to my MNT, but I'd like to give this line a try to see if there is anything I would incorporate into my current regimen. I'll keep you posted re: my results.

SG

carolb21

I found some on Ebay for $20.00 and i am getting 5 products. So I will try it and let you guys know what I think. Thanks for all the feedback. ;)

cafe1

Yes, I use the Leave In Glossing Cream every day and I love it..I didn't love the price though.. ($20) I picked mine up at Sephora.

dstdiva

i just tried it. i wasn't impressed by the shampoo, but i love the restorative treatment. i like the smell too.

Doll

I have tried the Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment and shampoo/conditioner. My hair liked the treatment as a pre-poo on damp hair. I was not as impressed with the shampoo/conditioner. Although the treatment is good I like how my hair responds olive oil as a pre-poo and its a lot cheaper. I do however have some Ojon left so I will alternate at some point in time.

infojunkie

I only use the resorative hair treatment but I love it and the coffee or nutty smell doesn't bother me. Even though it's pricey a little goes a long way and I only use it about once a month. I got the smaller size for like $25 at Sephora and it's lasted a while.

nissi

i have the restorative treatment and use it as a hair oil, it's very light. in consideration of the price and smell, i may or may not get it again. nothing to rave about...

Tee

I have the full line but have only tried this one item and a leave in balm. I loved them both! I haven't use my poo or cond. yet.

infojunkie said:
I only use the resorative hair treatment but I love it and the coffee or nutty smell doesn't bother me. Even though it's pricey a little goes a long way and I only use it about once a month. I got the smaller size for like $25 at Sephora and it's lasted a while.

FlawedBeauty

yes i used all of the products when i purchased the "try-me" kit from sephora. i wasnt impressed at all. i think the price tag comes from the ingredients being so rare rather than the amazing effects the stuff is supposed to have on your hair. over priced and over rated imo!

I tried it and I wasn't impressed either. The treatment seemed ok, but nothing to write home about. I think I can get the same results with the hot oil treatment I normally do. As for the shampoo and conditioner, I really didn't like these. Not only did my hair feel dry, but my scalp itched like crazy after using them, and my scalp never itches.

ohsosuzy

I've never been big on hair products but when my mom and best friend started to talk about it individually I figured I would give it a try. I started using it last July and I use the full product line. (poo, con, treatment; I have the other stuff too but rarely use it I usually don't deviate much in hairstyle making them a bit unnecessary) I know it is pricey but I'm happy with it, when I use them all together I noticed I don't have much of a need for any other products. My hair is usually so well moisturized that I rarely have to put any additional oil on it. I've even had a few occasions where I ended up looking like a greasy rag doll because I used too much of it. I use the treatment each and every time I wash my hair. I prefer using them all together since I think that their poo and con do a really good job of washing the treatment out without having to sacrifice too much of the good stuff. While the conditioner is not one of those that give you super detangling capabilities the difference (to me anyway) is when I roller set/ flat iron my hair. Its usually so shiny and bouncy that it makes the detangling headaches worth it. While using it I always recieved compliments on my hair, which was great since I wasn't putting in much effort.

Since it is pricey I wondered how my hair would do without it. I stopped using it for a while this summer and my hairdresser immediately noticed the difference. My hair was a tangled mess and ridiculously dry. I think it can be at least partially attributed to the fact that I wasn't really using anything since I was so accustomed to not having to. I have resumed using it.

I hope this helps. HHG :)

Last edited:

Royal Glory

Good morning ladies,

This is my first post and I am looking forward to applying the wonderful information on this forum. My goal is to take better care of myself in general and my hair in partiuclar. Specifically to grow my layered, shoulder-length, relaxed hair to bra-strap length. I have always been a bit of a product "junkie". I love to look my best and that includes my hair.

I have really abused it though: relaxers too close together -- 4 to 6 weeks apart; many times overlapping the hair or even worse...completely covering the full strands! I had been using curling irons every single day to style my hair and blow dryers everytime I shampoo. In spite of all that, I generally got complements and my hair is a decent length...but is hasn't budged from shoulder length (give or take an inch) in years!

So I am on a quest to deep condition on a regular basis to reduce heat styling, to shampoo twice a week and to wait longer between relaxers...at least 8 weeks.

With all that said, I have been using Ojon for two months now and my hair absolutely loves it! I bought the Try Me Kit from Sephora and I used the Restorative Treatment. The coffee/cocoa-like scent did take surprise me at first, but the results were healthy, strong hair, so it was worth it. It doesn't bother me. I also used the shampoo and conditioner. It works wonderfully leaving my hair... moisturized and strong and the smell is heavenly! I also use the Leave-in Revitalizing Mist. In the past, I hated leave-ins because my hair always had a some sort of dull film on it. But this treatment-based leave-in makes my locks soft and moist...and again smells divine. Oh, I can't forget the glossing mist. It leaves my style shiney and smelling wonderful with out that heavy oily look.

So I am a believer and I will continue to use many of the products in the Ojon line. I will probably alternate other products because the items are high-priced.

Now, I am considering purchasing the PhytoSpecific Index II relaxer for my next touch up on November 4.

AtlantaJJ

They are selling a gang of this stuff on EBay. I'm not sure if their prices are competitive or not, but it's worth a look if you use this product.

camellia

I got some samples of the conditioner from Sephora and I really liked it. It smelled kind of powdery and it left my hair very moist and soft.
It took me three of those little sample packets mixed with some honey to cover all of my hair. :look:

I'm adding it to my list of things to purchase in the future