Official: For Short Haired Ladies...APL by Dec'09!

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Well, even though I had dropped out of the challenge in November, I'm gonna still post my pics. I did well most of the year, but had a setback in September due to synthetic hair braids, and my ends thinned and broke considerably :sad:. So, I've decided to transition to natural and to focus on hair health before length. I'm a BKT'er now, and I'll be using that and human hair braids to continue my journey and will hopefully make APL by by fall of 2010. I plan to transition until my natural hair is at least shoulder-length stretched.

December, '08

February, '09

May, '09

August, '09

Setback happened after that:sad:

So I cut my bad ends off and am now here:

December, '09

So I lost about six months worth of progress and am back to where I was in May basically.:rolleyes:

ajacks

Well, I had a set back this year (breakage from an improperly applied henna treatment) so I spent the second half of the year trying to even out the damage. I believe I have had approximately 2-1/2 inches cut since June, so I find comfort in knowing that I would have made APL had I not had the damage. Currently I am about 2 inches away from APL.

January 2009 (thick U-shaped ends)

June 2009 after henna fiasco (thin V-shape)

Here are the pictures from today. I am currently in a sew-in so my length check is based on the perimeter leave out hair. That's also why this section looks so thin. The hair in the clip is the weave hair.

I won't be joining the APL 2010 challenge, but I hope to make APL by February 2010.

Thanks ladies for all the support this last year. Southern Stunner you did an excellent job hosting the challenge and offering such wonderful prizes along the way. Congrats to those who reached their goals this year!

Last edited:

flowinlocks

I think I made it!! Just barely, but I am CLAIMING IT!!!

Congratulations!!! you made it!!

here are my results!!! maybe next year....i want full/thick/Blunt APL hair

Congratulations on the progress you have made this year.

Well I am about to start the new year off back and shoulder length. My ends are just too thin for my liking now, and I am going to cut a few inches off.

I think this happened because I started to wear it straight more than I should ( thanks to my straight hair loving husband! @!#$@#$@), and as a result of the blowdrying, my hair thinned out. So I am going to go back to my regi of no heat, and cut a few inches off after the new year so I can have thick hair again.

I totally understand. I'm planning on taking off at least an inch after the new year.

Well, even though I had dropped out of the challenge in November, I'm gonna still post my pics. I did well most of the year, but had a setback in September due to synthetic hair braids, and my ends thinned and broke considerably :sad:. So, I've decided to transition to natural and to focus on hair health before length. I'm a BKT'er now, and I'll be using that and human hair braids to continue my journey and will hopefully make APL by by fall of 2010. I plan to transition until my natural hair is at least shoulder-length stretched.

December, '08

February, '09

May, '09

August, '09

Setback happened after that:sad:

So I cut my bad ends off and am now here:

December, '09

So I lost about six months worth of progress and am back to where I was in May basically.:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about your setback, I agree with Princess your hair looks thick and healthy.

I don't think I'm going to make it. I had some breakage and whatnot when I was really sick and not able to eat much or take my vitamins. I'm going to continue my relaxer stretch and keep bunning. Hopefully I'll be there around my birthday in March. :(

I semi straightened my hair last weekend and being sick took more of a toll than I thought.

I'm sorry to hear about you being sick. Don't worry your hair will bounce back before you know it.:yep:

Well, I had a set back this year (breakage from an improperly applied henna treatment) so I spent the second half of the year trying to even out the damage. I believe I have had approximately 2-1/2 inches cut since June, so I find comfort in knowing that I would have made APL had I not had the damage. Currently I am about 2 inches away from APL.

Here are the pictures from today. I am currently in a sew-in so my length check is based on the perimeter leave out hair. That's also why this section looks so thin. The hair in the clip is the weave hair.

I won't be joining the APL 2010 challenge, but I hope to make APL by February 2010.

Thanks ladies for all the support this last year. Southern Stunner you did an excellent job hosting the challenge and offering such wonderful prizes along the way. Congrats to those who reached their goals this year!

Uhmm you look APL to me.:look: If not then really really close. Congratulations on your progress.

ajacks

Uhmm you look APL to me.:look: If not then really really close. Congratulations on your progress.

Thank you, Ajacks, :grin:. Hey, looking at your perimeter length, I think you HAVE made APL:yep:.

Ajacks - You EASILY made APL! Congrats!

Really, you think so? Thanks, ladies! I guess I'm grazing it, but I won't be claiming APL until I gain another inch. I don't want there to be any doubt when I finally claim it.

Minnie

Ajacks.... There is really no doubt now. Congrats gurl.

MyAngelEyez..... I love the thickness of your hair.

beans4reezy ..... Congratulations on making APL

The Princess

I think I made it!! Just barely, but I am CLAIMING IT!!!

It looks like you APL, once you straightened your hair, you will be there. Congrats in Advance.

WOW, it don't seem like you had a setback, your hair is still growing long.

HarlemHottie

Hey ladies I will have photos up by Saturday well maybe Sunday lol... I just had my hair relaxed 12/14/09 I think the last time I had it relaxed was either June or July I have to check... Any who my hair dresser says she loves the progress that I am making and to keep up whatever it is I am doing at home... She even said she loves how my hair takes the relaxer now (little does see know I'm taking steps to prepare my hair prior to her relaxing it)... She stated yesterday that my hair had "4 fingers worth of new growth" not sure what all that means however it sounds good to me lol...

Since my hair is still holding the curls from the roller set she did last night I have no pics that show the length at this time just the one she took after she removed the rollers (which came out blurry however it took 3 times for her to get that one right so I just took what I could get lol).... See you ladies this weekend, oh and she did clip my ends so I don't even know the true length right now so wish me luck.

P.S. MY LAST RELAXER WAS 7/11/09

Last edited:

The Princess

Hey ladies I will have photos up by Saturday well maybe Sunday lol... I just had my hair relaxed 12/14/09 I think the last time I had it relaxed was either June or July I have to check... Any who my hair dresser says she loves the progress that I am making and to keep up whatever it is I am doing at home... She even said she loves how my hair takes the relaxer now (little does see know I'm taking steps to prepare my hair prior to her relaxing it)... She stated yesterday that my hair had "4 fingers worth of new growth" not sure what all that means however it sounds good to me lol...

Since my hair is still holding the curls from the roller set she did last night I have no pics that show the length at this time just the one she took after she removed the rollers (which came out blurry however it took 3 times for her to get that one right so I just took what I could get lol).... See you ladies this weekend, oh and she did clip my ends so I don't even know the true length right now so wish me luck.

P.S. MY LAST RELAXER WAS 7/11/09

Can't wait to see your pics.

Reecie

MISSION TO APL ACCOMPLISHED!!!!:headspin::pepper::pulpdance:

I did it, ya'll! ........ FINALLY!!

People are not playing when they say obtaining APL is the most difficult length to achieve. It feels like it has taken me FOREVER to get here. I appreciate all of you ladies support. Thanks for the kind words, advice, and the pick-me ups.

Ms. Southernstunner, you did an amazing job hosting this year's challenge. I will now be graduating over to the Bra Strap Length Challenge 2010 and I KNOW you all will join me at some point in 2010. Can't wait to see you guys on the other side!! :wavey::thankyou:

Dueces!! :peace:

beans4reezy

People are not playing when they say obtaining APL is the most difficult length to achieve. It feels like it has taken me FOREVER to get here. I appreciate all of you ladies support. Thanks for the kind words, advice, and the pick-me ups.

Ms. Southernstunner, you did an amazing job hosting this year's challenge. I will now be graduating over to the Bra Strap Length Challenge 2010 and I KNOW you all will join me at some point in 2010. Can't wait to see you guys on the other side!! :wavey::thankyou:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Didn't you start a thread about it taking forever to get to APL? I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! Let's go head and get this BSL in 2010. I feel like a hair "graduate" too:clap:

Reecie

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Didn't you start a thread about it taking forever to get to APL? I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! Let's go head and get this BSL in 2010. I feel like a hair "graduate" too:clap:

Girl! I'm glad you're as estatic as I am!! I'm with you. I ready, willing, and committed to achieving BSL by June/July and hopefully start by MBL journey mid 2010! It's on!!! :mwahahafire::mwahahafire:

taz007

Girl! I'm glad you're as estatic as I am!! I'm with you. I ready, willing, and committed to achieving BSL by June/July and hopefully start by MBL journey mid 2010! It's on!!! :mwahahafire::mwahahafire:

Congratulations to you, girls!! Time to get that BSL. LET'S ROLL!! :superman:

Minnie

Congratulations:grin::grin:
I'm in the bsl2010 challenge with you also.....Good luck, not that you need, your hair looks very healthy.

Fhrizzball

Well I posted in my other challenge so I guess I might as well do it hear. I don't think I made it to APL or at least it doesn't feel it to me. I mini chopped my hair back in late Oct but I guess it grew back. I'm getting another hair cut (by a prof this time) come this weekend so my hair will be shorter yet again for the news years...

Start of Challenge

Before Cut in Oct

After Cut in Oct

Today Dec 09'

I wonder if I'll be overestimating myself if I join the BSL challenge for 2010?

Awesome progress to everyone in this challenge though! Everyone's such an inspiration.

Last edited:

flowinlocks

Congratulations!!!! And yes you will def. see me in the other side.:yep:

Well I posted in my other challenge so I guess I might as well do it hear. I don't think I made it to APL or at least it doesn't feel it to me. I mini chopped my hair back in late Oct but I guess it grew back. I'm getting another hair cut (by a prof this time) come this weekend so my hair will be shorter yet again for the news years...

Start of Challenge

Before Cut in Oct

After Cut in Oct

Today Dec 09'

I wonder if I'll be overestimating myself if I join the BSL challenge for 2010?

Awesome progress to everyone in this challenge though! Everyone's such an inspiration.

I say go for it.:yep: I'm doing a trim myself after the new year, but I still think I can make BSL by next Dec. (pending I don't have any setbacks)
sooooo, I'll see you in the BSL challenge?? Oh yeah, Congratulations on making APL!!!

The Princess

WOW your hair is beautiful, congrats on making APL. See in in BSL challenge.

The Princess

Well Just checking in..Im DCing on dry hair w/heat, using Shescentit Bannana Brulee.

Well two more weeks till this challenge is officially over. Im know for a fact, everyone has gain more growth from Jan 09 until DEC 09.

So post pics Ladies.