Now Forming an Army of SUPER-LONG HAIR 4B (or mostly 4b) NATURALS!! Come on in!

LovelyNaps26

bride91501

I have a few strands touching BSL. :lol: I have a pretty long torso and long neck (I'm almost 5'10") so the length of my hair on a petite woman would probably be around MBL. I've been trained by LHCF not to claim a length until I can comfortably stretch without any gangsta lean back action :lol:

belleza

I want in. I saw celinastarr's pics yesterday and I felt like I wish my hair could be thick. My hair is fine and not as full as I want. Celinastarr's hair is fairytale length hair and it's natural. I've just had my last relaxer, so I'm going natural. I think I'm a 3/c - 4/a - I have no idea.

Etherealsmile

The current size of my fro. Official length shots coming in a month.

I can't! your hair is the business!:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

yodie

I'm gonna have to read every page of this thread. Do any of you ladies wash your hair every week? I just started doing that because I rollerset instead of using direct heat.

Etherealsmile

I'm gonna have to read every page of this thread. Do any of you ladies wash your hair every week? I just started doing that because I rollerset instead of using direct heat.

yep, i don't wash my hair per say i use conditioner and baking soda to clarify my hair every week. My naps be thirsty:lol: so I use a lot of moisturizer during the week which leads me to use this mix every 1x per week.

I don't use shampoo :)

yodie

Ok. Stylist at the salon uses shampoo. I use Wen at home. My hair gets really dry as we'll. I just started using Oyin Hair Dew as a leave in/moisturizer. I love it!

Etherealsmile

Ok. Stylist at the salon uses shampoo. I use Wen at home. My hair gets really dry as we'll. I just started using Oyin Hair Dew as a leave in/moisturizer. I love it!

that's the thing, my hair is dry enough already, why the heck do i need to strip it even more:lol:

how's the Oyin Hair dew working for you? :)

yodie

A friend let me sample hers. I let it sit around because I didn't think it would do much. I had heard all the Oyin hype and thought it was just that - hype. I tried the Hair Dew and fell in love. Placed an order the next day. I like that it moisturizes my dry hair without shrinking it up. Also stays moisturized.

Pooks

:yep: I shampoo approx every week (always preceded or followed by a DC), and depending on protective style and activity levels, also cowash in between.

hair4romheaven

Although I have yet to wear my hair out since my BC, I am def. a part of this army. See siggy. Will be one year natural end of june 2011. Almost APL as of 4/2011.

bride91501

yodie - I am always amazed at how folks are able to (shampoo) wash their hair weekly. I know every head of hair is different, but mine literally throws a fit when I shampoo it, and I only do it once/month! It is WAY to drying. I do co-wash my hair up to 3x per week though, and my hair loves it.

My oldest DD has mostly 4b hair, and I've finally realized that the only way to keep her scalp clean is to shampoo weekly. I use a SLS-free poo mixed with a little tea tree oil.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I decided to lightly flat iron and do a dusting and s&d. I plan on getting a professional flat iron and trim in the fall.. Hoping that majority of my hair is at APL by the fall so I can get a blunt chop.

Please excuse the messy bathroom counter :blush:

ended up in a high bun :yep:

ceecy29

yodie - I am always amazed at how folks are able to (shampoo) wash their hair weekly. I know every head of hair is different, but mine literally throws a fit when I shampoo it, and I only do it once/month! It is WAY to drying. I do co-wash my hair up to 3x per week though, and my hair loves it.

My oldest DD has mostly 4b hair, and I've finally realized that the only way to keep her scalp clean is to shampoo weekly. I use a SLS-free poo mixed with a little tea tree oil.

bride91501 You should try one of the shea moisture shampoos, I think it's the one from the shea butter line. Wow that joint was so moisturizing I thought I had put conditioner in my hair by mistake. And I'm a 4b that can go a week without shampooing, it's more my scalp. By Thursday, it's itching to be washed, pun intended!

yaya24, your hair is so shiny. Good job getting it straight. I think I'll straighten and trim (for the first time ever) on June 26/27 according to the moroccan lunar method.

yaya24

Shrinkage Comparison:

January 2011

June 2011

Loves Harmony

Hello ladies! I would like to add a few pics....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1307326697541.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1307326697541.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 79
  • uploadfromtaptalk1307326713330.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1307326713330.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 75
  • uploadfromtaptalk1307326728027.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1307326728027.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 79
  • uploadfromtaptalk1307326744381.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1307326744381.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 75
  • uploadfromtaptalk1307326759334.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1307326759334.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 81

yaya24

@bride91501 Yes my hair is totally shrunken in both pics (January 2011 vs June 2011). I started using heat in May (I'm on heat session# 3)

Last heat session PICS HERE so my hair has loosened just a tad.

As my hair gets longer, it hangs a little more (this even before incorporating heat) Here is the last pic of shrunken hair I took prior to deciding to use heat (March 2011)

@pookaloo83 Right now I am totally following a KISS regimen, and using heat.

So currently I am washing and steaming 1x every 2 weeks then lightly flat ironing (skipping the blow dryer)..

Every other day to 2 days I am using a mix of wheat germ oil and crisco oil on the length of my hair. Put my hair in a bun or full wig and go.

During the second week I apply my growth aide to my scalp 3-4 times a week then wash and repeat.

Last edited:

faithVA

I belong in this thread. It has taken me forever to figure out whether I was 4a/4b or 4b/4a. So mostly 4b it is. I'm going to catch up on the thread and start participating.