No wonder my hair was stiff

sareca

No, this isn't me going on about hard water again. :lachen: But since we're on the subject, ya'll know hard water ain't no joke. :look: N-E-way, this time it's about setting lotion. I don't straighten my hair often, but lately when I do it's been stiff. It still feels smooth, but it just doesn't feel as soft as I'd like it to. But, I straightened my hair yesterday, so I could dust it, and forgot to use setting lotion. Duh! That was it. I've had many setting lotions and they all leave my hair stiff. My hair retains a curl well enough that I don't need a setting lotions. Why the heck I bothered with in the first place? I dunno. :ohwell: But I'm giving them up. Who's with me?

beyondcute

I must agree. settng lotion suks I dilute it by about 75% so it doesnt make my hair hard but without it my hair frizzes to all get out.

MizaniMami

Me and setting lotions don't get along.

As a matter of fact I don't like to use anything with hold. When I rollerset next Thursday I will NOT be using setting lotion.

I am glad you posted this thread!

HoneyDew

MizaniMami said:
Me and setting lotions don't get along.

Same here. I never use them or need them. If anything, the ones I've tried don't work well layered with my other products like leave-in and heat protectants.

KiniKakes

Yeah, i agree..... i really dont like any product in my hair before i rollerset. I just dont find it necessary. I am not roller setting to wear it curly, so whether or not the curls hold is not important. Just give me my conditioner and im good.