NO more synthetic hair!!

sunbubbles

Hey Ladies! Ive come to an executive decision, NO MORE SYNTHETIC HAIR for my twists, braids etc. I LOVE my protective styling regime that Ive been on. I love the versatility, and the fact that single handedly I have taught myself to put in everything from flat twists to cornrows (mostly due to my love of lazy hair care:lachen:) but Ive noticed with my recent set of kinky twist extensions there is one spot on my edge that has thinned. Its wierd because this is the same spot that I had to regrow when I first found the hair care sites. For years I used to twist that spot when I had Micro braids (professionnaly installed) dont yell at me it was a nervous habit!! lol As a result it was BALD for almost 6 mths! its only a spot thats about 1 in wide, but Im wondering if my past abuse to that area has made it permanently fragile? The rest of my edges are doing just fine, but just that one spot. HHHmmmmmm...... food for thought ladies. Ive ALWAYS known that synthetic hair DRYS out hair like crazy!!! Maybe I should have paid more attn to that fact.
In the meantime from this moment forward I will ONLY be doing my twists/braids with my own hair. Ok thats the end of my rant. Carry on.:lachen:

RANDOM Note: I cant WAIT to get back into my mini-box braids for winter!!! They were soooooo easy to take care of, and I retained growth like CRAZY!!

hairmaster

Synthetic hair will absorb the natural moisture from you hair and scalp, this may be the reason. try adding moisture oils to repair.

Last edited:

glamazon386

Synthetic hair will dry your hair out. But the Kanekalon blend (which is also synthetic but a better quality) will not. It usually costs more but definitely much better. With human hair it always seemed like my hair was competing for moisture with it in braids. So I only use it if a specific style calls for it.