No-Lyers Rollcall! - What do you use?

Cindy70

I just switched back to using no-lye relaxers AGAIN because sodium hydroxide relaxers just don't seem to work on my hair. I used the Pink Oil relaxer on my hair the last time but I think that I'll be trying something else the next time.

I know that many if not most ladies on here either use sodium hydroxide relaxers or the PHYTO relaxer, but I know that a few are still using store-bought box relaxers like me. So... what do you use? :D

MonaLisa

Now see...how Phyto don't count?

It's no lye...it's in a box...I get it out of the store....lol.

I'm joking. I gets it....

Cindy70

Thanks for the replies! Soft n' Beautiful seems to be very popular - I might have to give that one a try for my next touch up. :)

Cindy70

LOL MonaLisa I guess that I didn't really think of PHYTO as being a regular store-bought relaxer because it costs SO much... $50 :eek:

Last edited:

MonaLisa

Cindy70 said:
LOL MonaLisa I guess that I didn't really think of PHYTO as being a regular store-bought relaxer because it costs SO much... $50 :eek:

I hear you girl. I know. Just messin wit ya....

oooh...and make that $60 most outlets....:look:

(on that note when I told my sister what it cost...I explained that I don't touch my hair up every 8 weeks and I really don't go to the hairdresser a lot or have extreme pj'ism...so it works out. So far....I haven't paid for the two boxes I've used so far...I work it where I got it as a gift/got money to buy it...;) )

DigitalRain

Former lye user now using Profectiv Super. I find it almost impossible to overprocess with this relaxer. I still prefer Phyto, but I can't afford it.

Babygurl

I also use Profectiv regular, never a burned scalp and my hair is always perfectly relaxed (not bone straight). I wish I had found it earlier, it leaves my hair so soft and shiny.

chellee

For Profectiv users . . . do you think if you used the neutralizing foam with another relaxer (like the Soft & Beautiful regular kit), you would achieve good results? Anyone try this???

renee_n_3000

Add me to the list of Soft & Beautiful lovers! Here's a paste from a post I made minutes ago in another thread:

I've used Soft and Beautiful no-lye in regular strength to texturize my hair for over ten years and it has never made my hair dry. It's always soft and has a lot of elasticity. But, after reading so many posts about how other no-lye relaxers have dried out people's hair, I'd be afraid to try a different brand on my hair than the one I use.

I'm not familiar with any other brands, but the one I use has two packets of pre-relaxer treatment that you apply all over your hair to prevent overprocessing. The conditioner used after neutralizing is formulated to remove calcium deposits left on your hair from the relaxer. So, those things might make a difference.

azul11

I may have to use this one when I go to get my touchup. I used the regular Soft n Beautiful, the one that comes in the peach colored box, many moons ago. What type of Soft n Beautiful is everyone else using? The peach one or the Botancials one? God bless you all.

renee_n_3000

azul11 said:
I may have to use this one when I go to get my touchup. I used the regular Soft n Beautiful, the one that comes in the peach colored box, many moons ago. What type of Soft n Beautiful is everyone else using? The peach one or the Botancials one? God bless you all.

I use the one in the peach colored box. :)

pink_flower

I currently use Affirm no lye. In the past I used Soft and Beautiful(peach one) and loved it. I will go back to it once I finish my Affirm.

B

ballet_bun

Organics - By Africa's Best! This is the same company that makes Kids Organics Sheamoisturizer that a lot of ladies here like. 6 Months ago I used "Kid's Organics" by Africa's Best, but I wasn't 100% pleased.

I mixed 1 tablespoon sheabutter with the Organics relaxer, and I can confidently say that I like it better than Phyto (sorry Kaddy :lol: ), Sheenique and everything else that I have tried in the past. I've found a keeper! There was no burning, my hair turned out very shiney, no breakage, no dryness ...:weird: :love:

azul11

Oh okay so its the peach box everyone or most people are using. Okay cool. I used that before but that was many moons ago. God bless you all.

Mestiza

I use Soft and Beautiful Regular No-Lye Relaxer (peach box) and love it! I am 5 1/2 months post relaxer and thinking about transitioning to natural, but, haven't made my mind up, yet.

MissYocairis

Cindy70 said:
I just switched back to using no-lye relaxers AGAIN because sodium hydroxide relaxers just don't seem to work on my hair. I used the Pink Oil relaxer on my hair the last time but I think that I'll be trying something else the next time.

I know that many if not most ladies on here either use sodium hydroxide relaxers or the PHYTO relaxer, but I know that a few are still using store-bought box relaxers like me. So... what do you use? :D

I use PHYTO, Phase II. I really am happy with it. My hair feels and looks great though I am not sure if it's the phyto or the fact that I've started taking much better care of it overall or if it's the MTG usage. Also, I just touched up last week and used the shower cap/3 part method that someone recommended on her fokti (forgive me for not remembering your screenname). It worked beautifully. My hair is evenly straight and feels strong, happy and healthy. :kiss: to the LHCF member who had that shower cap/3 part method for relaxing....it is definitely a brilliant idea. (again, forgive me for forgetting your name)

czyfaith77

I have been relaxing my hair since I was 14. I am now almost 28. Two of my favorite no-lye relaxers are Gentle Treatment Super and Precise Super. I use super because the sista's got some hair that could surely be defined as a weapon of mass destruction.

czyfaith77

Ladies, I have seen that three part plastic cap method recently. How exactly does it work? What is it's purpose? Inquiring minds would like to know...

goldensugar23

czyfaith77 said:
I have been relaxing my hair since I was 14. I am now almost 28. Two of my favorite no-lye relaxers are Gentle Treatment Super and Precise Super. I use super because the sista's got some hair that could surely be defined as a weapon of mass destruction.

girl that was fuunnyy! :eek: :D

i use creme of nature no-lye on occasion.its works well on my hair.I have used affirm no-lye plus.Its the bomb!