lithium hydroxide: no-lye, no-mix

aqualung

I am afraid to try a calcium hydroxide based no-lye relaxer, but I am discontent with the poor straightening effects of my sodium hydroxide relaxers.

There are several lithium hydroxide relaxer options:
1. Gentle Treatment No Mix No Lye Conditioning Relaxer
2. Designer Touch Straight FX No Mix No Lye Relaxer
3. TCB No Lye No Mix Relaxer (contains calcium oxide!)
4. Soft and Beautiful Botanicals Texturizer No Lye No Mix

I'll trip to Sallys eventually and see what's local. Cheap and easy-to-find is ideal.

Anyone have experience with these? Do they straighten as well as calcium hydroxide relaxers? Feel free to add to the list.

Faith

Why don't you try the PHYTO relaxer a lot of the women seem to love it. I have noticed the hair looks like it's reverting quicker with this lye relaxer I have...lol. The Phyto relaxer sounds like a good idea.

TigerLily

Megon, I've used Gentle Treatment before. I really liked it. In fact, I think it was the only relaxer that didn't make my scalp peel.

amy1234

have you considered guanidine hydroxide? I believe that the phytorelaxer uses this aswell as the affirm moisutre plus dry hair & sensitive scalp formula contains this.

aqualung

Faith,
I'm considering the Phytorelaxer, but I dislike the expense. (I'm po'.) Consultation on Tuesday at a very chic and overpriced Boston salon that has the Phyto line.

Curlybun,
A lot of the guanidine hydroxide relaxers also have calcium in them. I'm searching for one that does NOT. I cannot find the ingredients for Mizani Sensitive Scalp online, but I've read good reviews on hair forums. I'll find out at a consultation on Monday.

aqualung

My stylist says that lithium hydroxide is dangerous. The molecule is small enough to penetrate the hair AND scalp. That's why few lithium hydroxide relaxers are available on the market. He won't use it.

The TCB no-lye no-mix DOES have a toxicity warning on it, but don't they all?

cutebajangirl

I have never seen a toxicity warning on a relaxer before. Wow. I've seen warning regarding burns. What about Optimum care multimineral relaxer?Camille uses it and likes it. I just don't know if it is considered no lye or lye.
CBG

Growingitlong

I am looking for a lye relaxer kit. Do you all knoow of any? I won't be relaxing for a bit yet but this will give me enough time to find the kit, if there are any. I know that generally the relaxer kits aare no lye. But I am looking for a lye kit so I shall have all the stuff I need to do my hair.

Hope you all can help me find one.

secretdiamond

*Dee* said:
have you considered guanidine hydroxide? I believe that the phytorelaxer uses this aswell as the affirm moisutre plus dry hair & sensitive scalp formula contains this.

I never knew affirm made a dry hair formula. I may have to look into that since the original affirm (mild) left my hair dry and underprocessed.

Growingitlong

Lkaysgirl said:
Revlon realistic creme relaxer sometimes comes in a kit.

Thanks Lkaysgirl. I shall have to look around. I don't think I have ever seen iit. Do yuo think you can find a picture of the box for me or descriibe it?

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Vitale Life and Body is Lye and it comes in kits too.
Growingitlong said:
I am looking for a lye relaxer kit. Do you all knoow of any? I won't be relaxing for a bit yet but this will give me enough time to find the kit, if there are any. I know that generally the relaxer kits aare no lye. But I am looking for a lye kit so I shall have all the stuff I need to do my hair.

Hope you all can help me find one.

Growingitlong

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Vitale Life and Body is Lye and it comes in kits too.

Wow. you guys are blessed. It is always a struggle to find products here. There are so many no lye kits but I have not sceen one lye ikit yet.

I just saw this relaxer (tub) recently and thought I might try this one because of the great views. Did not see the kit but at least they store carried the positive conditioner and shampoo.

Still hope to find a lye kit though.

Sosoothing

Growingitlong said:
Thanks Lkaysgirl. I shall have to look around. I don't think I have ever seen iit. Do yuo think you can find a picture of the box for me or descriibe it?

You can go to walgreens.com and type in "revlon relaxer" in the search box to take a look at it. Its the Revlon Realistic Creme Relaxer System, No mix formula. It comes in a dark grey box :) .

Growingitlong

Lkaysgirl said:
You can go to walgreens.com and type in "revlon relaxer" in the search box to take a look at it. Its the Revlon Realistic Creme Relaxer System, No mix formula. It comes in a dark grey box :) .

Thanks, LKaysgirl.