NL to APL in 6 months???

NikkiQ

Hi everyone!

Newbie here and I'm absolutely motivated even more now after lurking around the site for a week or so. I've been a sew-in advocate for the past year and even though my hair has grown, it hasn't been as great as I would expect :wallbash:. My goal is to go from NL to APL by the end of the year. Is it possible and does anyone have any advice for me??? I'm all ears!

Welcome NikkiQ!

Don't be too hard on yourself, your hair is growing and thriving, and weaves are a great protective style. But NL-APL in 6 months is probably a bit too much to expect. It took me about 9 months to get to APL from SL (then again, I wasn't in a sew-in).

Do you know how many inches you need to reach APL? that might give you a better idea of when you should reach your goal. Keep it up! :yep:

I'm not entirely sure. I'm 7 weeks post today with a sew-in,but will be taking it out this weekend. I'll be sure to take measurements and before pictures to share. Before the sew-in, i was very close to SL in the back and NL on the sides.

I agree with Barbie83, NL to APL by the end of the year is a little ambitious. I don't know too much about sew-ins, but I'm sure using the wealth of knowledge on this board you can achieve your hair goals even if they're not made by the end of the year. Good luck!

I'm in agreement w/ previous posters. NL to APL in that time frame is a lofty goal, but I don't want to discourage you from trying. :yep: I'm sure someone on this board has done it. I would aim for full SL in 6 mos., and APL in 9- 12 mos.

I went from NL to SL in about 5-6 mos., but SL to APL is taking a bit longer. Anyway, good luck, welcome and HHG!

I'm in agreement w/ previous posters. NL to APL in that time frame is a lofty goal, but I don't want to discourage you from trying. :yep: I'm sure someone on this board has done it. I would aim for full SL in 6 mos., and APL in 9- 12 mos.

I went from NL to SL in about 5-6 mos., but SL to APL is taking a bit longer. Anyway, good luck, welcome and HHG!

ITA. I've been stuck at SL for a while. That's the biggest hurdle to overcome.

I'm also NL and my short term goal is to be SL by December. My long term goal is BSL but I'm taking it one step at a time. HHG to you!!! We will achieve our goals as long as we don't give up.

You guys are great!I'll try to achieve full SL by December and keep on chugging along after i obtain that goal

it's possible...but ambitious. since you are new to your hair journey, you don't know your growth rate yet. so it may be hard to determine what's realistic for you.

avg growers can get 5-6 inches in a year.

slow growers may only get 2-4 inches in a year.

fast growers can get up to 8 or more.

my sister is a fast grower. she went from neck to apl in 8 months. (no. i'm not mad) :)

i am a slow grower. it took me a full year to get from neck length to collar bone length....just a few inches past shoulder, but not yet apl. then it took another full year to get to apl.

we both use sew ins as a protective style.

hope that helps

Getting to APL really ain't easy for some people, me included. It took me a whole year to get to near APL last July, but then I had a setback and was SL again last January :ohwell:. I'm in braids right now, just hoping for APL this year, and I think it can happen. My advice to you would be to not get too crazy about length, just concentrate on looking after your hair the best you can with a good regimen, then let nature take its course with the length :yep:

Getting to APL really ain't easy for some people, me included. It took me a whole year to get to near APL last July, but then I had a setback and was SL again last January :ohwell:. I'm in braids right now, just hoping for APL this year, and I think it can happen. My advice to you would be to not get too crazy about length, just concentrate on looking after your hair the best you can with a good regimen, then let nature take its course with the length :yep:

Listen to CherryCherryBoomBoom. Don't get crazy about length, or you'll have your hopes crushed. It is best to focus on the overall health on your hair before you focus on length.

I went from SL to APL in the first 6 months of my HHJ. At the time started taking Biotin, B-Complex, NAC and Vitamin C and using Boundless Tresses consistently. Also I was really conscious about how I styled my hair, began deep conditioning every wash and rollersetting and wrapping or pin-curling every night. I did not wear ponytails or put any stress on my hair with any styling accessories. Upped my protein intake in my diet as well as drinking more water. That's about it...stayed focus on gaining length internally and retaining. GL!

do you know what your growth rate is? How tall are you? If you can grow and keep (with PS'ing) more than .5 inch a month and you have a shorter torso, then maybe you can make it.

I have seen one thread and one post of a few ladies that have gone from NL to APL in 6 months, but their reggies consisted of daily cowashing, PS, and keeping the ends oiled.

this is me now and i'm a little over 7 weeks post. I'm about 5'7", but with a short torso. sorry for the extreme close up :ohwell:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 297
Yeah I reached SL in October and still going strong :yep:

Thanks for asking! I saw this thread come from out of nowhere and was like wha...??? lol

I think that it is possible.... growth aids help and vitamins.. there was a thread started not to long about about these good vitamins that got great growth in two months times

Back