Newbie Challenge 08 P2

TaurusAngel

Ladies! These will serve as my Jan. 1 update pics :yep:.
I got my hair done Christmas Eve and had a '40s type hairdo. It was cute, but then it was hard for me to do a length check.

Here's me at a relative's Christmas Eve party (yes, I actually went into their bathroom and took pics of myself :grin:):

When I got home, I wrapped my hair so it could "flatten" and I could do a length check. As you can see, my left side still held some of the curl and was a bit bent:

I think I will be able to claim APL again by next month :yep:
Congrats Galadriel!!!!! Your hair is so shiny and thick. You look APL to me already!

FindingMe

FM! I finally got around to trying the Mixed Chicks deep condish, and I LOVE it! Thanks for putting me on to it.

Girl, tell me about it!!! I buy 2-3 jars of it at a time bc it's the only thing that gives me enuf slip to detangle this 9 month post hair....it gives so much slip, you are liable to slip in the shower...not kidding...:lachen:

FindingMe

I got my hair done Christmas Eve and had a '40s type hairdo. It was cute, but then it was hard for me to do a length check.

Here's me at a relative's Christmas Eve party (yes, I actually went into their bathroom and took pics of myself :grin:):

When I got home, I wrapped my hair so it could "flatten" and I could do a length check. As you can see, my left side still held some of the curl and was a bit bent:

:drunk:Girl, your hair is TOO DOGGONE PRETTY!!!!! :drunk:

About how much relaxed hair do you have left?

leona2025

I did some coloring and I love it!!!! In the past all I have used was rinses, but I was getting pretty fed up with them. The color didn't last long and was barely visible, but with my hair being healthy and growing I was scared to try the perm dyes out there that could lead to my hair breaking and a set back.

I have been doing a lot research trying the best way to get a color I wanted. the problem was I didn't know what exact shade I wanted. I heard about clairol luminize from Marbel and she had been using it for a while. I asked a lot of questions and she was very helpful although she had never used the color I had planned to use.

The first time I used luminize in red I was disappointed. It was that same thing with the rinse. You could only see it in bright light. I put Dark and Lovely Ravishing Red over it. Marbel had told me it took her several times in using it to get the color she liked, but I just had expected more. The first pic is from the first time I used it. I did the streaks by putting the clairol on chunks of the hair. I did this in what I call hidden spots so that if the hair fell out I could easily hide it. I bought about 5 bottles of the red from a BBS. It has been discontinued and it will be hard to find so I don't want to fall in love with it.

The second time which is the two bottom pictures I did Adore rinse in paprika. On a previous strand test it had showed a lot of color on just my natural hair. Well after it dried it was looking nice, but not as bright as I had hoped and DH was teasing and saying it just looks plain brown.
So then I went back and did a small section with clairol luminize in clear and this is the result I got.

Oh and you know you only suppose to leave it on for 10 minutes, but I left on for about 40. I really didn't want a solid head of color. So I just did a small section in the front to see how it would look. Clear difference between my darker hair and the Clairoled hair. Next time I'll do more of the front. I don't really care if the back is colored and it creates a sort of two tone effect which I like. What do you ladies think? See Taurus Angel my plate works:lachen:. Oh yeah product rave. I used this sample of Sexy Hair Color Me Sexy Moisturizing treatment. LOOOOOOOOOOVED it. My hair was so soft and buttery.
2.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

25Nona

Happy Holidays Ladies!

I hope you all are enjoying the holiday season, and I wish all the best to you and your families.

25Nona

Happy Holidays! And btw, I LOVE your hair! :yep:

:blush: Thanks, but I have to admit, that was a little over 2 mos ago. I'm lookin a little tore up now, I'm 11wks post and girlllll, let me tell ya......I'm relaxing on Tuesday and will post my end of year update pic, hopefully I've had some growth, I've been wet bunning, co washing and DCing 2 times a week for the last 4 weeks so that should have helped a little with retention.

And you are talkin bout me, I went ga ga when I saw your check in pic, you hair is looking GORGEOUS!!! :drunk:

pr3tty

Happy Holiday Everyone

It was great sharing the year with all u wonderful ladies....

I luv the progress we have all made and ladies ur hair is beautiful im looking forward to another year together....

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Hi ladies! I've been reading the posts on a regular basis but not responding. Sorry about that. I will say that everyone's hair looks so beautiful and healthy. I am coming to share an update. I relaxed today after a 17.5 week stretch with Mizani Sensitive Scalp. I am not happy about my ends but I am not trimming. Please bear with the pics. The first is from Sept 1st and the
2nd one is from today.

Attachments

• 0901081126[1] (2).jpg
    0901081126[1] (2).jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC00162.jpg
    DSC00162.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 2

Galadriel

Hi ladies! I've been reading the posts on a regular basis but not responding. Sorry about that. I will say that everyone's hair looks so beautiful and healthy. I am coming to share an update. I relaxed today after a 17.5 week stretch with Mizani Sensitive Scalp. I am not happy about my ends but I am not trimming. Please bear with the pics. The first is from Sept 1st and the
2nd one is from today.

Congrats on your 17 week stretch :yep:. Do you wear a lot of protective styles or baggy your ends? (btw, I hate trimming :sad:)

TaurusAngel

Happy Holidays ladies!!!!! I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas and are enjoying your New Year.... I'm relaxing tomorrow at 10 weeks post. I will have to wait on posting pics... left my USB cord at school :(. But i will take pics and post them as soon as possible. :)

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Congrats on your 17 week stretch :yep:. Do you wear a lot of protective styles or baggy your ends? (btw, I hate trimming :sad:)

I started bunning about half way through. I should have started sooner. I wasn't really consistent with baggying until about the last month. The next stretch I will do both on a consistent basis.

KLomax

Happy New Year LADIES !!!!!!!

Very funny, hardcore LHCFer taking hair pics during a party:lachen::lachen::lachen:. You look beautiful and your hair looks APL right now !!!! :yep:

Girl, tell me about it!!! I buy 2-3 jars of it at a time bc it's the only thing that gives me enuf slip to detangle this 9 month post hair....it gives so much slip, you are liable to slip in the shower...not kidding...:lachen:
Congrats on the successful 9 months :thumbsup:

Happy Holidays Ladies!

I hope you all are enjoying the holiday season, and I wish all the best to you and your families.

Hello Bign your hair looks soooo healthy :notworthy
Happy Holiday Everyone

It was great sharing the year with all u wonderful ladies....

I luv the progress we have all made and ladies ur hair is beautiful im looking forward to another year together....

Thanks...almost a year already !!! I joined this challenge last February.

I'll post pics soon !!!

KLomax

Good Evening Ladies :wave:...I know I am late but here is the pic for January. I am still rollersetting. SIZE]

Last edited:

pr3tty

Hello ladies

Just letting everyone know I cut about 3 inches off my hair yesterday. My hair was looking so weird and I was trying to hold out and not trim. (I hate cutting anything off my hair) but I decided against it.

I am very happy with the trim I was getting a little carried away but I caught myself. My hair looks so much better and fuller I was shocked. This is the best thing Ive done to my hair in a while.

I am 10 weeks post and im really thinking if I should relaxer again or just transition.. We will see

Galadriel

Hello ladies

Just letting everyone know I cut about 3 inches off my hair yesterday. My hair was looking so weird and I was trying to hold out and not trim. (I hate cutting anything off my hair) but I decided against it.

I am very happy with the trim I was getting a little carried away but I caught myself. My hair looks so much better and fuller I was shocked. This is the best thing Ive done to my hair in a while.

I am 10 weeks post and im really thinking if I should relaxer again or just transition.. We will see

I know it's hard to trim/cut, but sometimes you just have to do it :yep:. I'm glad that you're pleased with it and that your hair is thickening up. Before you know it, you'll regain those 3 inches quickly.

KLomax

Ah! Jealous! Your hair is gorgeous :yep:. It has thickened up a lot, and the length is awesome! What have you been doing lately to your hair?

Hey Girrrrl !!

Henna/Indigo... Joico DPR & Intense hydrator & ponytail roller setting :heart2:

Does this mean I'm not a newbie no mo' ?????

Last edited:

leona2025

Hello Ladies :wave:... It's been a year!!!!! I just posted my 1st thread!!!!!

One Year on LHCF...Progress Pics !!!

Girl your hair is beautiful. I think I might be happy if I reach that length. How are my fellow sisters doing? Here are my updated pics for Feb. I found a new product I can't live without. Aphogee Green Tea Restructurizer. Everyone was raving about, but I didn't expect much, but I was pleasantly surprized. I relaxed, flat ironed, and colored. I'm going for WL by Summer. Someone said it was possible...
relaxed2.jpg

relaxed5.jpg

relaxed3.jpg

relaxed1.jpg

KLomax

Girl your hair is beautiful. I think I might be happy if I reach that length. How are my fellow sisters doing? Here are my updated pics for Feb. I found a new product I can't live without. Aphogee Green Tea Restructurizer. Everyone was raving about, but I didn't expect much, but I was pleasantly surprized. I relaxed, flat ironed, and colored. I'm going for WL by Summer. Someone said it was possible...
View attachment 27083

View attachment 27085

View attachment 27087

View attachment 27089

Thanks Leonia...your hair is beautiful. I'll have to check out that Aphogee.
You'll be WL in no time.

Morenita

Hey everyone :) I think our thread might be dying a bit. I didn't post for a long time and thought I was really out of the loop but my last post was on the page before this one! Well, it has to die sometime I guess. Ya'll are still my newbie sistas tho.

I posted in your thread Klo. I said it then and I'll say it now. Beautiful! And as somebody remarked then, you really do look WL. I see the scarf and all, but seriously, you look WL! You're like an inch away it looks like.

I will post an update soon. I plan on doing a rollerset for Valentine's Day weekend. My hubby's B-Day is Sunday and we always make a 2-day celebration out of that so hopefully my hair will turn out nice. I'm taking him out to dinner! We never get to go anywhere since we don't have a babysitter, so it will be very nice to get out for a change. In the meantime, I updated my siggy pic today and put like 6 more pics in my Fotki. I am thinking of cutting some more though... More pics to come soon I pwomise!

Edit: Leona your hair looks Fab! Gl with WL.

Last edited:

KLomax

Hey everyone :) I think our thread might be dying a bit. I didn't post for a long time and thought I was really out of the loop but my last post was on the page before this one! Well, it has to die sometime I guess. Ya'll are still my newbie sistas tho.

I posted in your thread Klo. I said it then and I'll say it now. Beautiful! And as somebody remarked then, you really do look WL. I see the scarf and all, but seriously, you look WL! You're like an inch away it looks like.

I will post an update soon. I plan on doing a rollerset for Valentine's Day weekend. My hubby's B-Day is Sunday and we always make a 2-day celebration out of that so hopefully my hair will turn out nice. I'm taking him out to dinner! We never get to go anywhere since we don't have a babysitter, so it will be very nice to get out for a change. In the meantime, I updated my siggy pic today and put like 6 more pics in my Fotki. I am thinking of cutting some more though... More pics to come soon I pwomise!

Edit: Leona your hair looks Fab! Gl with WL.

Thanks so much Morenita...The rollerset lasts several day...your hair will be beautifulall weekend.