Any New Year's hair resolutions?

* Go back to using Kimmaytube leave-in regularly, my hair loves it!
* Stick to my vitamin reggie for the whole year.
* Keep mini braids in a bun and buy more hair accessories.
* Find a med/mild protein condish and use it bi-weekly.

Wear my hair out more. My starting goal is to wear my hair out at least 2x a week, even if it's just a ponytail (when my studies get intense I probably won't reach for anything more than that :p). I've seen so many blog posts and YT vids of women with beautiful relaxed hair in multiple styles....I can let go of my militant bunning every once and while. It may actually be healthier for my hair when I loosen the reigns on my PSing a bit.

No new products until March (my birthday month)!! Only restocks of my staples. I spent way too much on hair care (and cosmetics) in 2014. Now that I'm serious about my saving, I can relax with the products that I know work for my hair.

I got back into drinking more water a few weeks ago, so continue with that. In fact, I cut out all other drinks except water and once you start on that water kick it gets addictive.

Continue my light exercise regiment which includes light cardio, yoga and stretching poses.

Water rinse daily.

Stick to my Komaza products.

Grow to about Collarbone or SL this year.

Shampoo weekly and protein treatments weekly.

Low manipulation styles.

Best,
Almond Eyes

I kind of fell off the wagon when it came to hair maintenance in 2014, so in 2015 I will:

1. Go back to what works for "Grace"--protective/low manipulation styling, daily moisture spritz, DCing/cowashing bi-weekly, overnight prepoo's

2. Back to my water regimen--100 oz per day

3. Exercising 6 days a week for at least 30 minutes

4. Back to taking a Multivitamin and Vitamin B Complex tablet

5. Pass the MBL plateau I am in to WL and beyond

Steam 2x monthly, keep my hair moisturized more often than not. Stop ripping out knots and learn to finger detangle patiently.

-ease up on buying new products and just keep it simple with what's been working
- i plan to rock my fro for the first time in 2015

Gain some length by doing the following things:

-protective styling for low manipulation and prevention of those darn SSKs!
-moisturize
-less trimming
-stop taking down my weaves therefore prevent me cutting off chunks of my own hair in the process :look:
-have some more wigs made from my weave stash

[USER=303161]spellinto[/USER];20943725 said:
Wear my hair out more. My starting goal is to wear my hair out at least 2x a week, even if it's just a ponytail (when my studies get intense I probably won't reach for anything more than that :p). I've seen so many blog posts and YT vids of women with beautiful relaxed hair in multiple styles....I can let go of my militant bunning every once and while. It may actually be healthier for my hair when I loosen the reigns on my PSing a bit.

No new products until March (my birthday month)!! Only restocks of my staples. I spent way too much on hair care (and cosmetics) in 2014. Now that I'm serious about my saving, I can relax with the products that I know work for my hair.

I decided to let my birthday be the hair product haul day as well. I did it last year because my bday was during the mother's day sale at Ulta and I racked up. It worked out well because I haven't paid for products all year since.

[USER=47045]almond eyes[/USER];20943787 said:
I got back into drinking more water a few weeks ago, so continue with that. In fact, I cut out all other drinks except water and once you start on that water kick it gets addictive.

Continue my light exercise regiment which includes light cardio, yoga and stretching poses.

Water rinse daily.

Stick to my Komaza products.

Grow to about Collarbone or SL this year.

Shampoo weekly and protein treatments weekly.

Low manipulation styles.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Once you start drinking a lot of water and only water, you realize how thirsty you actually are all the time and how other drinks don't satisfy it that well.

Once you start drinking a lot of water and only water, you realize how thirsty you actually are all the time and how other drinks don't satisfy it that well.

I read your posting about water and really you are so right about how drinking water is addictive and is important when it comes to overall hair, skin and body health. Sometimes, I miss my glass of cranberry juice or orange juice but I am doing the right thing by sticking to my water regiment.

Thanks.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Last few hours of making new years hair resolutions. Happy new year to all of you ladies in Asia, Australia, Africa and Europe!

North and South America and the Caribbean are y'all ready? Estan Listas? (How do I say ready in French and Patois lol!)

Stick to mostly natural and black-owned companies.
Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.
Regular trims.
Incorporate more Ayurvedic practices into my haircare, even if it's by using pre-made items.

Be consistent and/improve my hair regime
Lose another 15/20lbs
look for another job
get more involved in my son's education

ETA: Just noticed these are hair resolutions... lol... I have none. Keep up with my regimen, and try to retain 6 inches..

Last edited:
To continue what I was doing because it's apparently working and I do want to get it professionally trimmed by a girl at school that I see doesn't trim a lot. I said professionally trimmed because we will be licensed later on this year!

Last edited:
[USER=327265]Lilmama1011[/USER];20951779 said:
To continue what I was doing because it's apparently working and I do want to get it professionally trimmed by a girl at school that I see doesn't trim a lot. I said professionally trimmed because we will be licensed later on this year!

When will you be done with school?

Back