New Wild Growth Light Oil Moisturizer

so1913

Has anyone tried this product yet? I'm tempted to, not for the so called "growth" claims, but the ingredients sound good, it's supposed to be light and it claims to have "deodorizing" properties and a fresh scent (lord knows I can't stand the smell of the original oil). Says can be used in conjunction with the original wild growth oil or alone. Curious if anyone has given this a try yet.

so1913

This one is in a yellow bottle and I've seen it at the last few Sally stores I've been to. They also have the info on their website (which I'm really going to need them to do better with *rolling eyes*)

so1913

The website info:
http://www.wildgrowth.com/wild_growth_light_oil_moisturiz.htm

http://www.wildgrowth.com/FAQ.htm

An email someone received on NP about the product:
Hello,

Wild Growth Light Oil Moisturizer has 300% more moisture retention, 250% more lubricity than Wild Growth Hair Oil. In addition Wild Growth Light Oil Moisturizer has non-volatile, and therefore lasting, advanced natural hair and skin penetratants that Wild Growth Hair Oil does not have. The difference can be experienced with:

less itching from dryness

less dandruff, chaff or ashiness

less hair breakage (from dryness and abrasion)

improved hair growth

Used together with Wild Growth Hair Oil, you will get better results with almost the same economy as using the Wild Growth Hair Oil alone. Here is why: When you hair lacks softness and manageability (which is usually after washing hair) you would apply Wild Growth Hair Oil first; then immediately followed by Wild Growth Light Oil Moisturizer applied in the same way. Then only use Wild Growth Light Oil Moisturizer every two or three days. There is no need to re-use Wild Growth Hair Oil since its softness (also important for hair growth) will last till the next time you wash your hair, sweat alot, are exposed to water (rain, swimming). By using the Wild Growth Light Oil Moisturizer, your are guaranteeing that there is no dryness gap (also important for hair growth) which could still occur when using Wild Growth Hair Oil alone. Since they both have the growth nutrients, it makes no difference which one you are using for that purpose. Then, after washing your hair, or whenever you feel you need to restore softness/manageability you re-apply Wild Growth Hair Oil immediately followed by Wild Growth Light Oil Moisturizer; and the cycle repeats. Even though you will be using two products, you will be using one product (Wild Growth Light Oil Moisturizer) most of the time (as your every other day oil used in between Wild Growth Hair Oil applications) and both products will be in your head all of the time.

Last edited:

Blessed_Angel

Would you mind posting the ingredients? I don't know, I am leary to try this...the original oil changed my dd's hair texture. And it made mine too thick. I know it's different, but why would I bother using both? Would it be really moisturizing alone?

TIA.

so1913

The ingredients and claims to the benefits to using both are in the first link I posted.

http://www.wildgrowth.com/wild_growth_light_oil_moisturiz.htm

I personally wouldn't use both because I don't care for the scent or weight of the original. Supposedly the original offers the "softness, texturzing, detangling" benefits while the light one offers the "moisturizing, deodorizing, and abrasion protection" benefits...both having the same so called "wild growth growth complex" ingredients in them. They can be used independent of each other, using both just seems too much to me.

danigurl18

Would you mind posting the ingredients? I don't know, I am leary to try this...the original oil changed my dd's hair texture. And it made mine too thick. I know it's different, but why would I bother using both? Would it be really moisturizing alone?

TIA.

how did it change the texture??

tbaby_8

I have this and I like it, compared to the original one. It smells much better. It made my hair soft and managable. It doesn't way your hair down as much as the original and you don't have to measure with it either. You can use as much as you like, not like the original one. Give it a try.:yep:

ThatJerseyGirl

I use it on my son's hair, as he shampoos his hair every night! I guess he see how I take care of mines, and he wants to grow his out. So I purchased a few bottles along with some Creme of Nature Shampoo (he was using mines!!!) To me, it is growing his hair out very quickly, has even changed his texture some what, and it is easier to comb. On top of everything else.....IT SMELLS WONDERFUL....and through out the day, you can even smell it. It's definitrly worth it. I rub some in my twists just for the scent...

SeatownSista

My mom has been using it and she likes it. She doesn't like the smell very much though. She also said that it gets kind of solid. I think the directions on the bottle say that you can heat it up a bit so that it will melt.

Blessed_Angel

how did it change the texture??

A few weeks after using it, it made her hair coarse. I know that her hair was not going to stay like a newborn baby forever, but I didn't expect the sudden change. After using the WGO, her hair just got thicker and coarser. Now, this oil is supposed to make her hair thicker. Which it did a great job doing. But I also used it on the part that didn't need help growing...just being "hair greedy". And it made the hair coarser and less curly. As soon as I noticed that I stopped using it. Her hair kept growing, but it didn't get much coarser.

brownsugarflyygirl

I usually stay away from new products but I may try this. Im looking for something with good ingredients that I can buy at the store that will give me a small growth and thickness boost. This may be just the product.

tbaby_8

I am going to go back and get some more of the light. I haven't tried using the two oils together. I may try it because my hair is fine and thin. I just don't like the smell of the original oil, but if it will thicken my hair a little, then I will try it. :grin:

danigurl18

I have definately noticed the thickness and I've been using it for a week!!! I put my hair in kinky twists so I can measure the growth and see if it really works for me!