New Wild Growth Oil?

madamdot

Have they come up with a new wild growth oil? I got some at the store today and it looks the same, worked the same (made my hair nice and soft) but the smell is slightly different.

Its not floral by any stretch but it is not as hideous as before. I think they might have tweaked the fragrance or something. It smells less like engine oil and have a more wood like smell. :eek:

Has anyone noticed this? Or I am just insane?

I KNOW its not that I've gotton use to the smell am not that crazy :lachen:

HoneyDew

I wish! I love WGO, but I hate the smell of it. Now, I have bought bottles that were not as strong as others.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I noticed that the last bottle I bougth a couple of months ago smells more like nutmeg or pumpkin spice than the original mediciney smell.

secretdiamond

I WISH they would change the smell!!! I would hop onto it in a second!! I can't have more than one smelly thing in my hair at a time. I can tolerate MTG but for some reason can't take that WGO!

bluediamond0829

I should hope they would change the smell but not the ingredients and what it does....the smell is crazy...i perfer MTG over WGHO....the last time i used it it oiled my weave down so bad that i couldnt curl it...but the smell just got to me...that i had to wash my weave and my hair...

NoNapNique

oglorious1 said:
You might want to call the company, there have been counterfeits found in some places..

Awww junk... Now wait a minute... So I could have been using fake WGO? I buy from Sally's or the asian BSS... Is there a way to tell if you have the real thing???

madamdot

Am not sure if mine is a counterfeit. It does the same job and as I said it does not smell great just less pungent. For instance I use some WGO and then some NTM silk touch and it kinda covers the smell. That didnt happen before - but I will call and find out.

I dont like the smell of WGO, but I cant tolerate MTG at all. THe first time I tried it I could cover the smell with Mango butter so it wasnt bad. After a while I couldnt stand the smell of MB either so I gave up.

I think I will always try WGO because it makes my hair touchably soft . . . its just that it stinks so much no one will want to touch it :lachen:

purpledove

I noticed the same thing. I ran out of wild growth about a month ago. I finally got around to buying a new bottle yesterday. I notice the difference in smell right away. I checked the ingredients and they are still the same. The old smell never really bothered me. I guess I’ve gotten use to it. This new smell is terrible!

SweetCaramel1

NoNapNique said:
Awww junk... Now wait a minute... So I could have been using fake WGO? I buy from Sally's or the asian BSS... Is there a way to tell if you have the real thing???

i'm sure it's legit when you buy if from Sally's :) now the BSS i'm not to sure of :cool:. there's a thread on fake products being sold by BSS's

SparklingFlame

I just got some of this stuff today. Does it really suppose to make your hair grow or just make it more managable. I wish I would have opened up the bottle before I bought it! Man, its quite funky!!! I give up one funk (MTG) for another!

daoriginaldiva

naturallady said:
I just got some of this stuff today. Does it really suppose to make your hair grow or just make it more managable. I wish I would have opened up the bottle before I bought it! Man, its quite funky!!! I give up one funk (MTG) for another!

I think the WTG smells worlds better than the MTG! And it does work!

I need to buy a new bottle because I had the "brilliant" idea of putting Cayanne Pepper in my WTG hoping for more hair stimualation and growth. All I got for my trouble was a big slimy mess of pepper in my scalp and hair that itched like devil, uggghhhh! Never again!

SparklingFlame

daoriginaldiva said:
I think the WTG smells worlds better than the MTG! And it does work!

I need to buy a new bottle because I had the "brilliant" idea of putting Cayanne Pepper in my WTG hoping for more hair stimualation and growth. All I got for my trouble was a big slimy mess of pepper in my scalp and hair that itched like devil, uggghhhh! Never again!

:lachen: :lachen: I am over here rollin! But I am sorry to hear about an experiment gone wrong. ;)

Jewell

I haven't bought any WGHO in a long time. I have the same bottle I bought back in like September. Its almost gone, so I will be re-upping shortly. I actually like the medicated smell it has. I buy mine from Sally's.

madamdot

I still have mine and it works fine. To me, the "new" smell is more medicated. The older version smells like engine oil to me. But its definitely better than MTG. I might get some sleep with WGHO in my hair but there is no sleeping with MTG.

Besides, my guy love to rub his cheek against my hair and kiss my hair so no stinky stuff. . . . . . though now I am thinking about it, he loves bacon and barbeque, so maybe???????????:lachen:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

It seems like all the stinky stuff is the good stuff. MTG, WGO, Tar grease, Aphoghee, Ghee butter, Sulfur 8, Glovers mane, etc.. and the list can go on, lol, :lol:
naturallady said:

SparklingFlame

BeautifulWideEyes said:
It seems like all the stinky stuff is the good stuff. MTG, WGO, Tar grease, Aphoghee, Ghee butter, Sulfur 8, Glovers mane, etc.. and the list can go on, lol, :lol:
You are so right!You know something is good by how stink it is. The more the stink= how good it willl work!

cocoberry10

Yeah, that smell is a mess. Do you all have issues with it getting onto your pillows and staining them? The oil is darker than other oils and it's sooooo thick. Like my mama said about perfume, I guess "a little dab will do ya"

ryanshope

I mixe WGHO,MTG,and coconut oil...this ish is the bomb. I use it 3-4 a week but only a small about..about a quarters worth and massage it into my scalp...mix a few drops in my ends...I don't ever have the bacon/greasy smell..that you all are referencing..but a dab is all u need because too much and it is running down your back...