New Member - Amerie

Amerie

Hi there Members of LHCF. I am Amerie from NYC. I recently joined the board and wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I've been reading up a storm trying to familiarize my self with everything and I have to say I love it here. There is a wealth of information in here with such a warm and friendly atmosphere.

About me. I'd say my hair is pretty good condition. I've been folling Cathy Howse's methods, using the products of my choice and it's working, my hair has grown to another level. However, it seems stagnant now and my hair is extremely dry. Any ideas on how to keep it moist and kickstart the growth? Thank you. Looking forward to participating here.

candibaby

Welcome to LHCF Amerie!

Hmm, what conditioner do you use? It may not be moisturizing enough. Have you thought of looking it to another one for the winter months? What do you do to your hair daily? There are products you can use to keep your hair moisturzied.. maybe butters?

I'm sure you'll get a lot more helpful tips when the other ladies and veterans hit this thread! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mariaat40

Welcome Amerie! /images/graemlins/wave.gif Why don't you tell us a little more about your hair and hair care practices. Are you relaxed or natural? And what's your regimine exactly?

Desert Skye

Hi amerie and welcome!I used cathy howse condtioner too but sometimes i feel i have to mix in another conditioner with it to make is more moisturising.

model_chick717

Hey Amerie! I love your music!....juuuuust joking. haha /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

dreemssold

Welcome Amerie /images/graemlins/wave.gif! Have you clarified lately? If it was working, but now is stagnant, maybe that will help. HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Amerie

Hi ladies thanks so much for the welcome. I use some of Cathy's methods (washing my hair every few days - going easy on the heat (I blowdry on low and flat iron) but with products of my choice. I am relaxed, I'm not sure of my exact type - it's thick and coarse. The length is just about bra-strap (the strap across the back right?)

I wash my hair with CON or Keracare Dehydrating the other wash is a co wash with whatever moisturizing conditioner I have available. I deep condition with heat weekly (ors mayo, keracare humecto, mizani moisturefuze. I also do a hot oil treatment every week. I'm going easy on the protein conditioners for awhile. I also oil my hair daily with ors carrot oil, jojoba oil, wgo, on my hair and ends. My hair seems to drink everything up.

I would like to be able to style my hair with little or no heat, keep it moist, stretch my relaxers and grow it to the next level.

MonaLisa

Hi Amerie fellow NYC'er! /images/graemlins/clap.gif
I also started down a better road to hair care with Cathy Howse (she has even emailed me back when I had questions)- I haven't used the conditioner for a minute now, but I still like it. My hair also is a "drinker upper" so I can relate.

You'll love it here with the other addicts...it's like Shawshank for Hair Lovers... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Carlie

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Welcome! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

A solution to dry hair, I use ElastaQP Recovery Oil Moisturizer. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Can't wait to see pics of your progress! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SherryLove

welcome amerie.... /images/graemlins/wave.gif another NYC girl in the House.... /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Desert Skye

[ QUOTE ]
Amerie said:

I wash my hair with CON or Keracare Dehydrating the other wash is a co wash with whatever moisturizing conditioner I have available. I deep condition with heat weekly (ors mayo, keracare humecto, mizani moisturefuze. I also do a hot oil treatment every week. I'm going easy on the protein conditioners for awhile. I also oil my hair daily with ors carrot oil, jojoba oil, wgo, on my hair and ends. My hair seems to drink everything up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey i love keracare products too!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif