New member!

MotownGrl

Hello everyone, I’d like to introduce myself. I’m MotownGrl and I was invited from a few of the regulars here (thanks ladies)!

I was going through the messages here and I must say this is one group of classy women! I also admire everyones determination to grow hair. I don’t know much about growing hair and vitamins (I just chopped half my hair off), so I don’t think I’ll have much to contribute – I just wanted to say hello to everyone! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

MG

hi! motowngrl! nice to meet you! believe me if u heed the advice on this board u will realise a huge change in the health and length of your hair within weeks! also, u probably have much more to share than u realise..so COME ON IN!!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LOVE PANDORA

Hey MotownGrl,

Welcome to the board! Yes girl, there are a lot of classy women here. I hope you keep on enjoying the information found on this board. There is a lot to learn. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

yaya.gif
It is so good to see you over here. You probably don't remember me but I e-mailed you a long while back about how I loved your website.

I KNOW you are going to enhance this board because you have a lot of good knowledge and experiences to share.

Welcome! And I look forward to your posts.

Hey Motown Girl
Glad to see you over here! (I 'know' you from NC and Nappturality)
I am sure you'll learn as well as contribute a lot to this site.
Valleygirl
I also love your website!

PS Just wondering why you cut your hair. Was it b/c of damage of just for a different style?

Because you chopped of your hair doesn't mean you don't have much to offer. You could offer us soo much regarding products and your own hair care maintenance program /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome to the board and never underestimate yourself

Hi MotownGrl,

It's Sindeee from the Nappturality site. Glad you made it over here! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Yes, we are a classy bunch over here daahhling! (speaking with pinkies up) We all thank you for the nice compliment. You are a classy lady yourself so you'll fit right in perfectly. These women know about serious haircare and you'll learn a ton of information towards the health & growth of your hair.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif WELCOME ABOARD! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyways, Did you ever get a chance to pick up that Floetry CD?

Sindeee

Wow, thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

pmichael52172 - Of course I remember you! How's the hair?!

Valleygirl - <Waving> I cut my hair because...I don't care for long hair on me. <Running away from throwing tomatoes> lol. Also I am addicted to my puffs and it was getting to long to wear my hair in that style. It was about 14 inches all over and now it ranges from 4 - 8 inches or so.

Sindeee - Hi there! Thanks for the compliment. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Yes I picked up Floetry's CD about one month ago. In fact I'm listening to it now! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks again. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome
I love your website as well. Since I've decided to stick with relaxed hair I've found so much good info here. Even ladies with natural hair can find a lot in great info here as well.

Oh my, MotownGrl is here and the red carpet is at the cleaners!
lachen001.gif

Girl, I love your website! Lots of good info! Welcome to the Forum!

Hey motowngrl,
Glad you could make it. Post away. You have a wealth of info. to share. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hi Motowngirl...I love your site! I bookmarked it over a year ago after I made the decision to go natural. You have great info.

The hair is coming along fine... even against this Winter weather. Right now, I'm on a mission to get it back to it's full strength so I'm doing what I should have done a long time ago.... NOTHING. For the next month, I'm going to simply flexi rod it or spiral set it and wear it in curls. This way, there's really no combing, or wrapping or stress. I just put some moisture in my hands, spread, fluff and go.

My hair is naturally fine anyway so it could really use a stress free break. I find I've been too much into my hair and should just back up a little and let it breathe. I'll see how my challenge turns out by Christmas.

Thanks for asking! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hey MotownGrl

Welcome to the board, Your name sounds familiar. I'm sure I've seen you pictures somewhere on the web from searching many an online hair site.

Enjoy your time here

Welcome!
I am a huge fan of your site and I frequent it often. I am currently transitioning and your natural hair looks a lot like mine. Your site is so inspirational to me. I promise I'm not a crazed stalker. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I can't wait to see pictures of the haircut!

"MotownGirl"..(gasp! splutter!)...tsk tsk tsk(in my most motherly voice)..., cluck cluck...soon you will LOVE long hair(on You!),...<<bending you over our collective knee!>>..there's a good girl..lololol.now ...(dusting you off)...sorry I got carried away....welcome to the board...been to your site...you have much to offer and not only do we love to talk about growing long hair, we are a fairly friendly laid back bunch...right ladies????> Nice to see you here and looking forward to sharing...Bonjour.

Hi MotownGrl,

Welcome! I remember your hair site. It's very informative. Why did you cut your hair? Were you just going for a new style? In your pictures, you sported some very chic styles.

Great to "see" you Motown Grl!!!!

You will find lots of info here, and I know you have a lot of knowledge to contribute, being that you have a phenomenal website yourself.

Welcome and Happy Hair Growing /images/graemlins/grin.gif

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I'm so happy to see someone on here in my area!!!!! Welcome! What website is everyone talking about of yours? I would love to see it.

Thanks again ladies for the welcome and the compliments on my website. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sweetcocoa – Hi there! I remember your e-mails a while back. <waving>

pmichael52172 – That sounds like a plan! What type of flexi-rods do you use?

sassygirl125 – Hi there! I’ll have pictures up sometime after the hoilday. Do you have pics of your hair online?

Mahalialee4 – LOL That was so funny!

hairfanatic - I cut my hair just because it was getting too long for me. I can still sport various styles, but my I’m not going to cut anymore so it’ll be longer for the summer.

MissM – I was wondering if there was anyone from Michigan here, you’re right in my area! Here’s my site: http://motowngrl.8m.net

Right now, I'm using the grey ones and the pink ones... see this link. The pink ones aren't shown on this link but I think they are a size between the grey ones and the purple ones. I'm lovin' the look. I can dress it up or dress it down. Sleeping with them is not as bad as I thought it would be. If I smush a curl too bad, I just pop a caruso steam roller in and I'm back in business within minutes.

As the days go by and they start to get old, I freshen it up by pushing the front back with a skinny almost invisible headband, pull some curls over the band and I'm out the door.

http://www.adiscountbeauty.com/page183.html

Thanks for responding. I use those too! I use the grey and blue ones. I'm looking to try a new type of roller for my rollersets, but I'll keep looking though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
sassygirl125 – Hi there! I’ll have pictures up sometime after the hoilday. Do you have pics of your hair online

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Lord, NO! LOL
I'm going through a major 'jacked up' phase right now. I figure it will be June or July before I have enough natural hair to work with. (Short hair looks awful on me.) For now, I don't go out in public w/o my braids or my fake afro puff.
Out of courtesy to the people that would have to look at me, I won't be taking any photos. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome MotownGrl. Sounds like you've got lots of good information, and I'm looking forward to your posts. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

WELCOME MOTOWNGRL! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I just received an e-mail regarding your updated site a few days ago. Glad to see you here. Please stick around. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back