New Here and Need Help

panama_princess6

Hey everyone I'm new on here and need some serious help :look:... i think I have a pretty good regi but i sweat in my head like crazy... so after a few hours my hair is back puffy :wallbash:... i also only get relaxers maybe 2 or 3 times a year. My goal is eventually get BSL... I think I'm in between SL and APL... I'm not sure... I have pics but I dont know if they worked... anyways nice to meet you all and thanks!!

Attachments

• photo (9).jpg
    photo (9).jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 32
  • photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 33
  • photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 36
  • photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 38
Hi and welcome! what's your regi? maybe you should try co-washing, that may help

Last edited:
Maybe you should try to rub a little baking soda on your scalp when you start to sweat, that way the powder can soak up the sweat.

:welcome: Your hair's lovely!

I workout 5 times a week and sweat on my scalp on all these days... I cowash every other day but I don't think my solution is best for you if you're trying to avoid puffiness cos I embrace it :lachen:... I know other ladies will chime in.

HHG!

I'm not exactly sure what your question/concern is but if were you, I'd think about frequent co-washing if you sweat in your head. Shampooing too often would leavea your har even dryer. Try pooing maybe once a week to every 2 weeks.

Consider clarifying your hair about once a month as well to remove excess sebum build-up as this can eventually cause hair to fall out.

Also, keep your hair off your neck, clothing and shoulders as much as possible. This can cause the hair to start splitting.

If your hair is puffy in the back, you may have split ends already and may need to cut it off but before you take such drastic measures, wash and DC it first and perhaps rollerset it to see how the ends turn out. Have someone/stylist you trust who is not scisssor happy check your ends out for you first.

Lastly make sure to moisturize your ends daily if they are dry. You may want to get some Porosity Control conditioner as well to correct any porosity issues you may have.

Others may chime in with more helpful hair tips.

:welcome4:

I'm new so I don't have nothing to add but I'm sure I will learn a lot from this thread! :yep:

The ladies here are wonderful and very helpful!!! Get your pencil and paper out....you're going to learn a lot!!!!

I agree with the cowashing. Maybe do braidouts after your cowashes, and if they turn puffy after workouts, it may actually make your braidout look even fuller and nicer.

I'm not exactly sure what your question/concern is but if were you, I'd think about frequent co-washing if you sweat in your head. Shampooing too often would leavea your har even dryer. Try pooing maybe once a week to every 2 weeks.

Consider clarifying your hair about once a month as well to remove excess sebum build-up as this can eventually cause hair to fall out.

Also, keep your hair off your neck, clothing and shoulders as much as possible. This can cause the hair to start splitting.

If your hair is puffy in the back, you may have split ends already and may need to cut it off but before you take such drastic measures, wash and DC it first and perhaps rollerset it to see how the ends turn out. Have someone/stylist you trust who is not scisssor happy check your ends out for you first.

Lastly make sure to moisturize your ends daily if they are dry. You may want to get some Porosity Control conditioner as well to correct any porosity issues you may have.

Great advice.:yep:

When I did co washing it really dried my hair out too much... i've been washing it once a week with Aveda Smooth Infusions Poo and Conditioner and when I want to wear it curly/wavy I used Mixed Chicks Shampoo/Conditioner... I always use John Frieda Frizz Ease, I roller set every other day with Caruso Rollers and I flat iron my edges almost everyday, I use EVOO on my ends and scalp, I dont use a lot of products b/c they weigh my hair down. That one pic is how my edges look every morning then they inflate like 100 times bigger by the time i get off of work... I want to try bunning but my buns always look crazy b/c of my hair being in these crappy layers the hairstylist cut into my hair. I just want to control the sweating and change what i'm doing to my hair to control my edges...

if one more person comes up to me and says "ooooh girl u need a relaxer" ... I'm gonna scream!!"

Thanks for the advice!!

When I did co washing it really dried my hair out too much... i've been washing it once a week with Aveda Smooth Infusions Poo and Conditioner and when I want to wear it curly/wavy I used Mixed Chicks Shampoo/Conditioner... I always use John Frieda Frizz Ease, I roller set every other day with Caruso Rollers and I flat iron my edges almost everyday, I use EVOO on my ends and scalp, I dont use a lot of products b/c they weigh my hair down. That one pic is how my edges look every morning then they inflate like 100 times bigger by the time i get off of work... I want to try bunning but my buns always look crazy b/c of my hair being in these crappy layers the hairstylist cut into my hair. I just want to control the sweating and change what i'm doing to my hair to control my edges...

if one more person comes up to me and says "ooooh girl u need a relaxer" ... I'm gonna scream!!"

I don't think that cowashing your once a week with Aveda SI conditioner can dry your hair the way you describe here. I think other hair practices may be causing this.

I firmly believe that you may have a porosity issue and until that is corrected, you may have these dry hair problems for a long time.

The flat ironing everyday certainly has to stop if you want healthier hair because this is one the chief reasons why hair gets dried out.

I have not heard really outstanding things about Mixed Chicks products but I know that Curlymart.com sent me a sample leave in and it was loaded in cones and parabens and ingredients my hair hates.

Thank goodness it was just a free sample because I would never purchase it for my hair.

Become familiar with hair ingredients and which ones are good and bad for your hair as this small effort could very well save your hair. Watch how your hair reponds to each product you use on it.

Take notes on it, keep a hair journal because sometimes we don't remember how our hair respond to a product if we move on to something else too quickly. HTH!

Hey everyone I'm new on here and need some serious help :look:... i think I have a pretty good regi but i sweat in my head like crazy... so after a few hours my hair is back puffy :wallbash:... i also only get relaxers maybe 2 or 3 times a year. My goal is eventually get BSL... I think I'm in between SL and APL... I'm not sure... I have pics but I dont know if they worked... anyways nice to meet you all and thanks!!

If you're only relaxing 2 or 3 times a year then you are dealing with considerable new growth most of the time. The sweating will definitely make the natural hair poof faster than the relaxed ends. You could try using some type of moisture block (Sabino or some other type of serum) before flat ironing your roots which should help them stay straight longer.

The last time I got a Dominican blowout, the stylist used ORS Olive Oil Sheen Spray on each piece near the roots before running the flat iron through and I have to say the results lasted unbelievably long... even on my nape which is the part of my head where I sweat the most. This stuff has mineral oil though so don't use it if you have an aversion to it.

As far as the sweating goes, try to stay cool :grin:. Get one of those personal fans for your desk at work and drink cold water frequently or something? :grin:

I just read some of the other responses and I just wanted to ask: Is your hair getting poofy all over after a few hours or just the roots?

Back