NEWBIE ALERT!! New to the site and in need of some serious help!!!

Msstarr718

Hello people I am new to the site and im in desperate need of some HELP HELP HELP!!!! It took me 30 minutes just to figure out how to start a new thread.. :lachen: Anyway I figured it out and would love to have some pointers on how to get started. Well ive been reading alot of threads and my goal is healthy hair. Not to keen on the lingo yet but I think im gonna set my first goal at APL and my second goal at BSL. Is this possible? I dont really know my texture but the my Avi pic was taken today which is SL

Here is what my regi is going to be:

-Every 8 weeks I touch up using Affirm (just switched from olive oil and I love it so far) but im gonna try and strecth it til 10 weeks
-Shampoo every other week week using Keracare Hydrating Detangling and deep condition with keracare Humecto(love this stuff) or Aphogee 2 min Reconstructor, Nexxus Triple Moisture silk leave in, Chi Silk Infusion and, Amla oil for ends to seal in moisture
-Use coconut oil for scalp and Mizani Rose H20 at night and wrap with satin scarf
-Every other week im going to Conditioner wash with Tresseme Remoisturize with b5 and Aloe, use leave in's and braid out
-Rollerset, ponytails and buns all winter for protective styling
-Prepoo before I use shampoo using old conditioner or an avocado,banana,evoo and Amla oil mix
-Week before perm I will clarify using Apple Cider Vinegar and Water mix, Nexxus Emergencee for protien, shampoo, and deep condition

So am I on the right track? Please feel free to comment.. So happy to be joining the LHCF :grin::drunk::yep::spinning:

Last edited:

Finally Free

Hi Newbie, And Welcome To The Forum! Happy Hair Growing!
I'm quite sure you will find all you need on this wonderful site
and from these very knowledgeable women of color. WELCOME!

:welcome3:

Last edited:

normacyri

Hey MsStar,

Looks good to ME!:yep:
I'm a fellow Newbie and have not been on since I returned to Grad school in August, but have felt the urge to "talk hair".

I'm sure the guru's will come 'round and let you know for sure.
:welcome:

Divine_Order

Hey ladies,

1st. you should ask a mod to move the thread to the hair board, you will get more responces and here is a very helpful link that is a sticky in the hair board.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=255441

Lovely hair ladies, HTH !

Co-signing:yep:

Welcome to the Forum!!!:grin: You have an awesome reggie for a newbie! I know when I first started, I was still trying to wrap the concept of moisture vs. sealent around my head.:spinning:

HHG:)

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Welcome!!! :wave:

Your reggie looks good, kinda complicated though. Will you be able to keep it up? Doing so much might get a little tiring after a while.

(Not trying to discourage, I just want you to be able to achieve your goals :yep: )

Msstarr718

Welcome!!! :wave:

Your reggie looks good, kinda complicated though. Will you be able to keep it up? Doing so much might get a little tiring after a while.

(Not trying to discourage, I just want you to be able to achieve your goals :yep: )

Yea I know.. First let me say your hair is beautiful!!!! Using you as one of my inspirations :yep:I was looking at your reggie so I was trying to get some pointers. But im at the point where im doing trial and error to see what actually works for me. Thanks a bunch for the post!!!

vnaps

welcome....best wishes with your journey.....

i dont think there's one set regime to follow. u should feel your hair and decide whats best for your hair at the time.....

i think in time this will come naturally to you. i'm still learning this, especially balancing moisture and protein.

you have a good starting point BTW.

Mortons

Hey!

I would say if you notice buildup due to you using a lot of different moisturizers and products, you could clarify more often by using the ACV/Water mixture.

Msstarr718

Thanks Ladies for all the love.. Im already loving this site.. Just look at the time im leaving this post lol...