New/Affordable Alternative to the Brazilian Blowout????

PrincesscurlyQ<3

Go with the brazilian treatment. We do them in the salon were i work, and they are amazing. They really work good on curly textures from the most loose to the curliest/kinky and will last you up to 3 months. Its also healthy for the hair and makes it stronger. Its very expensive, $100 an hour, but you get what you pay for.

8HoursFromHome

All I see in the original post is rice oil. You can heat style using any oil. But maybe there's more to the story ....

Man synthesizing chemicals isn't necessarily bad. You do that every time you make toast.

Yeah, but at least toast is biodegradeable...:yep:

I'm just sayin...

Sunshine_One

So has anyone found this in stores yet? I checked Target on Friday.....didn't see it. I may take a ride up to Ulta today. I'll post if I see it.

pringe

I am ticked off because Garnier was the one that I "heard" didn't want black models, but they sure want or money. I wouldn't buy their stuff... but lately I have because the cost is so good and the products seem to work.

But how is that possible when I know I've seen at least 3 black models in Garnier commercials?? IDK I personally like their leave ins.

Wildkat08

Hey ladies... I just put this treatment in a couple of days ago. Not only did I not think to take pics, but I dont have a camera anyway, HOWEVER... pictures would nottell u anymore than what I'm abt to b/c my hair "looked" the same as it always does when I wash and blowdry.
Let's talk results:
- Positives: (1) It was amazing how easy it was to blowdry my hair!!!! I'm a 3B, BSL natural, and I blowdry with a hand held blowdryer and paddle brush. My hair got WAY straighter and smoother quicker with this treatment in. (2) I went out the night of the day I finished the treatment. I wore my hair completely straight and down. I walked around in some of the worst humidity there is, and where my hair normally would have been a big bush and would have had to go up, i was abe to keep it down as the treatment resisted the humidity. Now dont get me wrong, my hair did "rise" a bit, but NOTHING like it normally would have before the treatment. It was still very wearable (and im picky abt smoothness) (3) It was very easy to apply, just follow directions, ad (4) I definitely had enough product for 2 treatments, but the directions did not say how to store the rest, so i used it all, but it was difficult to use it all, cause there was a lot. I think many ladies with hair shorter than mine could get 3 treatments out of it. I plan on calling customer service and asking abt storing leftovers
Negatives: (1) the package says something abt a slight odor, but ain't nothing "slight" abt that odor! This stuff is FUNKY!!!lol... however, I found it worth it. (2) My hair felt a bit dry when I was completely finished, which makes sense cause its a protein treatment and there is no place for DCing as I normally would after protein in the process. My hair, has softened up over the past 2 days, and this will not deter me as long as my hair feels fine after I wash it for the first time after the treatment
Unknowns (1) Whether it really lasts for 7 washes... honestly, If I experience positive results for at least a month, I'm pretty sure this will become a keeper for me :)
Hope this helps ladies!

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

^That was a big help, Wildkat08, Thank you!!.

Please keep us updated on your progress. I'm considering this for my DD, I don't straighten her hair often - at all, i'm just hoping, that when i do, this will keep reversion at bay.

I just researched this before I saw you bump this thread and Target has it online for $10 or so and the Garnier website gives a $2 coupon. It won't ship for another 2 to 4 weeks, though. I think they have HIGH expectations for this product.

kitten73

^That was a big help, Wildkat08, Thank you!!.

Please keep us updated on your progress. I'm considering this for my DD, I don't straighten her hair often - at all, i'm just hoping, that when i do, this will keep reversion at bay.

I just researched this before I saw you bump this thread and Target has it online for $10 or so and the Garnier website gives a $2 coupon. It won't ship for another 2 to 4 weeks, though. I think they have HIGH expectations for this product.

Oh I will be going an printing out my coupon and looking in the stores in 2 weeks. Thanks for sharing your research results.

Wildkat08

Hey Ladies! Ur very welcome. I got mine at walgreens for $10.99, but I'll definitely be printing that coupon as I really think I'll be repurchasing. I called customer service and asked a few questions... here's the info I got:

the rep felt that my hair is too long to use one treatment twice, but that if it were shorter that that might be okay. She never said how to store it, i'm guessing just in a cool dry area like most products should be stored.

I asked how often i could safely reapply. At first she said u can reapply every 7 days, but when i told her i dont wash my hair everyday, she said that reapplying depends more on the amount of washes that youve done rather than time that has passed (which obviously makes this product a better value for "us"). she suggested not to reapply until at least 5 washes have been done to avoid build-up.

We'll see how that goes with me washing with hair one... i think i might plan to clarify w/ actual shampoo just the wash before the application.

I can tell that Garnier is expecting this product to be BIG... so far so good... I'll be interested to hear just how it compares to BKT from someone, so I can decide whether it still makes sense to do that since finding this product

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
This is already at meijer in the central ohio area it has been for a few weeks. I must have missed this post because I keep walking by it but I am afraid it wont truly revert. I am also a very curly texlaxed and it is just right for me, I only want straight if its temporary for sure

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
I am ticked off because Garnier was the one that I "heard" didn't want black models, but they sure want or money. I wouldn't buy their stuff... but lately I have because the cost is so good and the products seem to work.
Where did you hear that? I can say with conviction that is not true. I have worked as a promo model and spokes model for Garnier in the past and as recently as a month ago (just cashed the check). I think with all companies the models you see in ads will vary by region so maybe its the area.

Yoshi3329

Hey Ladies! Ur very welcome. I got mine at walgreens for $10.99, but I'll definitely be printing that coupon as I really think I'll be repurchasing. I called customer service and asked a few questions... here's the info I got:

the rep felt that my hair is too long to use one treatment twice, but that if it were shorter that that might be okay. She never said how to store it, i'm guessing just in a cool dry area like most products should be stored.

I asked how often i could safely reapply. At first she said u can reapply every 7 days, but when i told her i dont wash my hair everyday, she said that reapplying depends more on the amount of washes that youve done rather than time that has passed (which obviously makes this product a better value for "us"). she suggested not to reapply until at least 5 washes have been done to avoid build-up.

We'll see how that goes with me washing with hair one... i think i might plan to clarify w/ actual shampoo just the wash before the application.

I can tell that Garnier is expecting this product to be BIG... so far so good... I'll be interested to hear just how it compares to BKT from someone, so I can decide whether it still makes sense to do that since finding this product

Does this product protect hair against heat? Do you think it would work well if the blow dryer was set on cool? Sorry for the questions...

Mdmommy99

Sounds interesting. Please update when you wash your hair. I am interested in the product but I does it "relax" your hair or does it revert back to normal once you wash? I don't really want anything that loosens my curly curl pattern, but I would like to have something that gave me good results when my hair is straight.

Wildkat08

Does this product protect hair against heat? Do you think it would work well if the blow dryer was set on cool? Sorry for the questions...

I'm not sure this would work, b/c im pretty sure i read that the product is "heat-activated"... which is also why they claim that it doesnt mess with ur curl pattern as long as u dont apply heat to ur curls. When I do a wash n go i usually sit under the dryer for a bit. I wouldnt think that would affect my curls b/c im not applying direct heat, not am i attempting to stretch them out, but we'll see. I'll make sure i report all my findings.

LadyRaider

Where did you hear that? I can say with conviction that is not true. I have worked as a promo model and spokes model for Garnier in the past and as recently as a month ago (just cashed the check). I think with all companies the models you see in ads will vary by region so maybe its the area.

I think I read it here... or one of the hair boards.

Dove56

Hello ladies,

I saw this product in Walgreens tonight and I wanted to add that it is NOT to be used in relaxed hair because it can cause breakage!!!! There is a warning on the box so please be sure to read the fine print. If you are natural this product is okay to use but relaxed or texlaxed ladies treated with any lye or no-lye product will experience breakage!!!!

Here are some reviews from Makeupalley.com:

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/...=134847/Blow_Dry_Perfector/Garnier/Treatments

MonPetite

^^^

CO-SIGN.

THIS HAS A THIO-BASED/LIKE INGREDIENT! IT IS MILDLY (CHEMICALLY) STRAIGHTENING HAIR! THIS WILL RUIN HAIR TREATED WITH NO-LYE OR LYE RELAXERS!

NATURAL LADIES, THIS COULD ALTER YOUR TEXTURE! BE CAREFUL!

Dove56

Thio based "straighteners" and lye = Nair...and we all know what Nair does to hair; it melts it! Pay the extra money and get the BKT if you want semi-permanent results. :)

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Hmmm, the website really went big on stating that this was a 'temporary' treatment.

I'd like to know after 7 or so washes how your hair reverts, Wildkat, please post your findings. I did read that it could last longer or less than 7 washes, it depends on the individual's hair and styling routine.

I also read that for curly girls/naturals you wouldn't see drastic changes, except during the straightening results - I took that to mean your natural hair will basically look the same with a little less frizz (per website faq), but your straightened hair will look smoother and last longer.

I would recommend someone use this BEFORE they tried BKT. It's simpler and more affordable and seems to wear off much more quickly - if any of those qualities are of interest to you.

I'd like to hear more about this product, that's for sure.