New/Affordable Alternative to the Brazilian Blowout????

Millyj

Hello I found this post on another Black Hair website and wanted to forward this here....I was thinking of getting the BKT treatment but wanted to try this out beforehand...Please read from another poster below:

I was browsing through this months seventeen magazine and saw an advertisement for this two-step blowdry kit touted as the solution to frizz and fly aways.
How it works: Hair has natural texture and shape due to a network of chemical and physical bonds in the hair strand.

• Cysteine: A protein building block found naturally in hair helps to loosen bonds that keep hair frizzy and unmanageable.

• Rice oil: The conditioning treatment is formulated with rice oil to help seal in lasting smoothness, creating a weightless, humidity-resistant barrier to frizz.

To use:

Step 1: Apply the 20-minute Smooth-It Serum to clean, damp hair. Leave in for 20 minutes then rinse.

Step 2: Apply the Heat-Activated Perfect-It Cream throughout the hair. Blow dry or flat iron hair as you normally would for sleek, shiny, more manageable hair.

I've been contemplating getting the BKT treatment but at $12, I figured this would be worth a shot. The only problem is I can't find it in stores or online, have any of you ladies seen it?

Millyj

Ok found thsi response....

Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 11:12am
I emailed Garnier and this is the response I received:

July 9, 2010

Thank you for your interest in Sleek & Shine Blow Dry Perfector.

This product was recently introduced and is in the process of being shipped to stores nationwide. It will be available in your area shortly.

When we introduce a new product, it takes time for inventory to make its way to all the stores. Although you haven't been able to find Sleek & Shine Blow Dry Perfector in your local stores yet, it should be there soon.

Garnier products are available at mass market retailers, drugstores, and supermarkets nationwide.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,
Inez
Consumer Affairs Supervisor

LadyRaider

I am ticked off because Garnier was the one that I "heard" didn't want black models, but they sure want or money. I wouldn't buy their stuff... but lately I have because the cost is so good and the products seem to work.

Yoshi3329

Very interesting! This is perfect, if there is ever a time that I want to have that straight look and return to my kinks, I'll keep this in mind. Please report back. I would love to see how this works on type 4 hair.

*Subs to thread.*

Last edited:

Sianna

i will resist the urge to test it...

Well, that makes one of us!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Thanks a lot OP!! I have been lurking the BKT threads but have had some reservations about it. This sounds like it might be a nice alternative! :yep: Course I don't really have the necessary length for it right now, but I plan on my hair being at least SL this winter so I just might have to give it a shot!

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I don't see the ingredients listed on the Ulta site. Are they not there or perhaps I have overlooked them? Does anyone know what the ingredients are?

hannan

This sounds interesting but I'm just going to hold out until there are plenty of people who've tried it out. :yep:

foxee

Interesting. I wonder if there's enough product for 2 applications? I can't wait to read the reviews on this.

LaFemmeNaturelle

Everything in the world has "chemicals" in it.... Water is a chemical.

You know she means chemicals that have been synthesized by man and not nature!

But yes, I'm pretty sure this isn't a product made with 100% natural or organic ingredients.

Last edited:

Tiye

All I see in the original post is rice oil. You can heat style using any oil. But maybe there's more to the story ....

Man synthesizing chemicals isn't necessarily bad. You do that every time you make toast.

fuchsiastar

Looks interesting....I will evaluate and let you guys know if I try it. I am a 4a/b natural with APL hair so I promise to take lots of pics/videos for ya'll if I take the plunge.

Hmm, I think I'm going to check out my local Ulta tomorrow and if no one has reported back concerning the chemical components in this product, I'll post them up.

This product does look interesting to say the least.