Need SLIP!!!

SaintLuxe

as my hair is getting a little longer, i am in desperate need of a very moisturizing conditioner with lots of slip, since i co-wash often. pls help before i waste any more $$$ on conditioners that feel like they are moisturizing my hair, but as soon as i rinse & comb thru,-my hair feels yucky & tangled:mad:...and i've tried detangling before, after, & during rinsing out my conditioner.

ironically, my ORS Uplifting Shampoo detangles better than anything i've used as conditioner, now i need something to follow up to finish the job. i've tried cheap to expensive (Pantene, Dove, Tresemme Anti-Breakage, Suave Humectant, Affirm Fiberguard, Aveda Damage Remedy, ORS pak, etc.) with no luck. any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

SaintLuxe

goldensensation said:
Try adding a little honey and oil to your conditioners.

thanks for the quick reponse! but i forgot to mention that i added olive oil & it did not work. maybe my hair just is rebelling.

goldensensation

SaintLuxe said:
thanks for the quick reponse! but i forgot to mention that i added olive oil & it did not work. maybe my hair just is rebelling.

Hmmm. Have these conditioners ever given you slip? If they have, maybe your hair needs a good clarifying.:confused:

HoneyDew

Clarify 1st. Do you have hard water? Try a neutralizing shampoo or one that contains Disodium EDTA.

MizaniMami

Keracare Humecto Hands down! I don't know what it is about this condish.

it isn't really that moisturizing to me, but I use it as a detangler. I apply it as a leave-in or as a preconditioner (i deep conditioner with heat with this for 5 minutes then add my regular conditioner).

mstasha

I have 2in. of new growth and B hair. I think I have very dry hair, slip is important to me. You have to keep it simple. If your using to many products you will not have any slip after rinsing the conditioner out. Example: I was doing a pre treatment , then wash, then condition with 2 different conditioners , add a leave in , then try to comb out. I read on the forum about PM super skinny shampoo and conditioner. IT IS THE BOMB! ! !
I wash, conditioner w/heat sometimes, rinse add my leave in w/ water still it. then I add some serum and rub it through and squeeze the water out. Detangling is a breeze The comb just glides through my hair. My hair is 18 in. long and it tangles really BAD! Even when the wind blows through it. I read that grape seed oil gives slip too . Have not tried it. But I have ordered some.
Try the PM Super Skinny.

KhandiB

I need slip too :(
I get great slip from my CON-green
but never from a conditioner...
Im getting the Motions Moisture Plus After Im out out my other conditioners

sxyhairfetish

sorry to ask this and I tried finding slip in the search and the abbrieviations but could not find it. What does the term "slip" mean?

SaintLuxe

crlsweetie912 said:
Motions Moisture plus has always given me the best slip! Even when stretching!

i finally tried this one today, and it did work great but did you find that it is moisturizing in the long term? do you cowash & if so, how often? TIA!

crlsweetie912

I don't cowash. I think it's just easier to go ahead and wash my hair. I love how it makes my hair feel, even days after washing. I wash every 3 days or so.

crlsweetie912

sxyhairfetish said:
sorry to ask this and I tried finding slip in the search and the abbrieviations but could not find it. What does the term "slip" mean?
slip is that property that certain conditioners have that allows the comb to "slip" through the hair without tangling or a great loss of hair strands. HTH.

SaintLuxe

goldensensation said:
Hmmm. Have these conditioners ever given you slip? If they have, maybe your hair needs a good clarifying.:confused:

no, these conditioners never gave me slip. i just tried them because i read a few posts on cowashing and they were recommended. & u mention clarifying...can you recommend a good shampoo for that? here is my routine: i shampoo once a week, cowash almost every day, use NTM leave-in, deep condish weekly w/heat, & 5n1 protien trtmnt every 2wks.

atlien11

I think the Aubrey organics conditioners give excellent slip. THe honeysuckle rose conditioner is (IMO) the best of the AO conditoner because its the most moisturizing and it smells really good (plus the slip factor is a 9).

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Paul Mitchell's Instant Moisture Daily Treatment provides great slip, as well as Kenra's Platinum Reconstructor for Thick/Course Hair. There's just somethin about the ingredient "Behentrimonium Methosulfate" that adds incredible softness/slip to my hair.

KhandiB

All this time I had A Slippy here at home

Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment..

Butta Baby :D

Its on sale this month at Sally's for 6.99 :cool:

Brownchiq

Silicon mix hands down for a deep conditioner with slip
Salerm 21 is a great leave that give wonderful slip

blackhair

You can also try the conditioner garnier fructis sleek and shine ($3) at cvs. If it does not work you can still return it. Also long and strong from garnier works.

Let us know how...

J 3 a n i O u s

blackhair said:
You can also try the conditioner garnier fructis sleek and shine ($3) at cvs. If it does not work you can still return it. Also long and strong from garnier works.

Let us know how...

I second that. I love Garnier conditioners.

SaintLuxe

hi ladies,

1st, thanks for all of the helpful input! 2nd, i finally settled on a superslippy con that i can use for my co-washes. The winner was Roux/Revlon Porosity Control conditioner & that stuff is no joke.
Tangles, gone. Frizz, gone. My shower comb went through my hair like a hot knife thru butter & absolutely no hair in the comb. There's a great thread on it posted by Metro_Qt
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=69274

Ayeshia

maryj1584 said:
BIOLAGE DETANGLING SOLUTION!! IS THE MEGA SLIP CONDITIONER!!
Ive been meaning to try this..gotta add it to my list.

Aussie knot forgotten and a few of the suaves used to be the ish but now cholesterol seem to be my only hope for slip. The other consitoners work but it seems like I have to use the entire bottle so that my hair is saturated, and I hate that. So the cholesterols have been my savior. Luckily they're cheap.