UGHHHH...I broke down and got the Aveda products AND....

Avin'sMom2010

my hair HATES IT!! :( I tried the Damage Remedy Resctructuring Shampoo and the Conditioner, the shampoo wasn't that bad it actually had more slip than the conditioner :( then I tried the Black Malva Conditioner..thumbs down for the too..not moisturizing at all!! no color change at all!! :( Then I tried the Elixer leave-in it was OK but nothing special...WHY is it that my $4.00 Tresemme Anti-Sponge has alot more slip than these expensive products, I ended up rinsing my hair in the end with my Tresemme and ALL IS GOOD NOW :)....I WILL be returning all these products first thing TOMORROW MORNING!! $78.00 worth!!

Oh btw, have ya'll ever recieved that look when you go into a "white salon" it's like...You kinda get that deer in the headlights look when they see you walk in like I hope she doesn't ask us to do her hair, LOL..even when you buy the so called "white products" you get that look like THIS IS NOT GOING TO WORK ON YOUR HAIR!! BUT even though my hair hates Aveda it LOVES Matrix Biolage and my trusty Tresemme!! :)

newflowers

I am so sorry to hear that _ I have been thinking about giivng Aveda Damage Remedy a try and am intersted in others' experience. It seems that people either love or hate it.

HoneyDew

It's good that Aveda will take them back.

When I used the Black Malva Shampoo it was a big thumbs down, but even with the conditioner - I was like :nono: until I used my regular conditioner on top of it.

I did get a color change, but I use henna and needed something to tone down the reds. It worked perfectly. But, as a conditioner on its on - NOPE!

But, as a subsitute for hair dye - I will take it.

I tried the Damage Remedy conditioner sample once and I did not notice anything great. I have been afraid to buy it since that time. But, I am tempted to try it again because of all the reviews.

Anyway, it is good they take stuff back. I need to stop by there tomorrow to take back that Black Malva shampoo that just did not work for me.

Arcadian

DOn't feel bad. I thought Aveda products hated me. (got the sap moss poo and con to work per my friend)

I can't use the damage remedy line at all either (tried 3 times)

I'm pretty hit and miss on Aveda, though I enjoy the smell of most of their stuff (shampure is fantastic smelling but I can't use it either!)

If bought at an Aveda store they should take it back with a receipt.

-A

Desert Skye

StephyPoo said:
Oh btw, have ya'll ever recieved that look when you go into a "white salon" it's like...You kinda get that deer in the headlights look when they see you walk in like I hope she doesn't ask us to do her hair, LOL..even when you buy the so called "white products" you get that look like THIS IS NOT GOING TO WORK ON YOUR HAIR!! BUT even though my hair hates Aveda it LOVES Matrix Biolage and my trusty Tresemme!! :)

Yes! Yes! Yes! All the time.They dont even want to make eye contact with me.

shunta

Im glad to see Im not the only one. My hair hated the Damage Remedy, too. I took it right back to the store. No more trying new stuff. Im sticking to what I know that works for me (KeraCare).:)

ETA-- Lord have mercy, Glossylips! Your hair is breathtaking!!:eek:

Tee

StephyPoo said:
Oh btw, have ya'll ever recieved that look when you go into a "white salon" it's like...You kinda get that deer in the headlights look when they see you walk in like I hope she doesn't ask us to do her hair

Sorry they didnt work out for you. My hair loves them. (Well I haven't used the ones you mentioned. Just the Elixer) The good thing, You can take them back and not have any out of pocket damages. :)

Now to the bold, YES, :yep: I know just what you are talking about!

Tee

shunta said:
Im glad to see Im not the only one. My hair hated the Damage Remedy, too. I took it right back to the store. No more trying new stuff. Im sticking to what I know that works for me (KeraCare).:)

ETA-- Lord have mercy, Glossylips! Your hair is breathtaking!!:eek:

I was looking for her shout out thread to say just this!!! Just breathtaking!

Avin'sMom2010

glossyxlipz said:
Yes! Yes! Yes! All the time.They dont even want to make eye contact with me.

HIJACKING my own thread LOL :)....GLOSSYXLIPZ...OMG!!! Your hair is AMAZING!! ALL that growth in a year and a half..CONGRATS!! what's your regemin?????

newflowers

Oh btw, have ya'll ever recieved that look when you go into a "white salon" it's like...You kinda get that deer in the headlights look when they see you walk in like I hope she doesn't ask us to do her hair,

I've seen that look as well; however, the best hair cut I've ever gotten was from a cute little white guy in a white salon. At the time, I didn't really care what he did, I was looking for something new and did not feel like driving or sitting for the hours it can take in a black salon. He did a fab job - I'm planning on going back there as soon as my C&G is over.

MadisonK

Oh btw, have ya'll ever recieved that look when you go into a "white salon" it's like...You kinda get that deer in the headlights look when they see you walk in like I hope she doesn't ask us to do her hair, LOL..even when you buy the so called "white products" you get that look like THIS IS NOT GOING TO WORK ON YOUR HAIR!! BUT even though my hair hates Aveda it LOVES Matrix Biolage and my trusty Tresemme!! :)[/quote]

Yes, I had the EXACT same experience when i went into the Aveda store for the first time. The guy treated my friend and me like we had guns in our hands! It was crazy!

I tried the Aveda Anti-Humectant on my hair when I wore it twisted or braided and it did NOTHING. I never took it back to the store. So, when i got a Dominican blow out I used it on my straight hair and OH MY GOSH...it is AWESOME! My new staple! It makes my hair look silky and shiny without any greasiness. I will pay WHATEVER this product costs...cause it's the truth!

It makes me wonder if other products don't work one way, but would be great used differently...hmmm.

Isis

MadisonK said:

Yes, I had the EXACT same experience when i went into the Aveda store for the first time. The guy treated my friend and me like we had guns in our hands! It was crazy!

I tried the Aveda Anti-Humectant on my hair when I wore it twisted or braided and it did NOTHING. I never took it back to the store. So, when i got a Dominican blow out I used it on my straight hair and OH MY GOSH...it is AWESOME! My new staple! It makes my hair look silky and shiny without any greasiness. I will pay WHATEVER this product costs...cause it's the truth!

It makes me wonder if other products don't work one way, but would be great used differently...hmmm.[/quote]

ITA about the Aveda Anti-Humectant. :yep: I bought my first long before my hair journey and thought it just didn't work on my hair. Didn't know I could take it back. Then I joined LHCF and applied it on my wet hair after my leave-in, to seal in the moisture (and seal out outside moisture). It worked so much better for me that way! Not 100% against humidity but it's up there. I also use it to add shine and silkiness to my hair after it has already dried. :yep:

Isis

newflowers said:

MadisonK said:

It makes me wonder if other products don't work one way, but would be great used differently...hmmm.

ITA about the Aveda Anti-Humectant. :yep: I bought my first long before my hair journey and thought it just didn't work on my hair. Didn't know I could take it back. Then I joined LHCF and applied it on my wet hair after my leave-in, to seal in the moisture (and seal out outside moisture). It worked so much better for me that way! Not 100% against humidity but it's up there. I also use it to add shine and silkiness to my hair after it has already dried. :yep:

PinkSkates

My natual hair loves Aveda DR line. And the anti humectant pomade is great for pressing my hair. But the looks I would get when I walk in their salon with my kinky ponytail was ridiculous! But I must admit the more I go there the better I'm treated. They now know that I just come there to get my products; and the last time I was there the sales girl was actually nice and helpful and gave me lots of sample skin produts to try. Go figure:p

Avin'sMom2010

Today I took all the products back except for the Black Malva Conditioner I'm willing to give this another try, I'll leave it on longer than the recommended time on the bottle, I also got the Black Malva Shampoo, I know that it's probably not going to give me any slip BUT I want it cause it's black and I AM GETTING TO MANY GREY HAIRS!! in the front!! :(.........I also asked if they had samples to give away they were like no but you can BUY the travel size if you like :( I politely said NO THANKS..they were probably lying!! ahwell....

HoneyDew

StephyPoo said:
Today I took all the products back except for the Black Malva Conditioner I'm willing to give this another try, I'll leave it on longer than the recommended time on the bottle, I also got the Black Malva Shampoo, I know that it's probably not going to give me any slip BUT I want it cause it's black and I AM GETTING TO MANY GREY HAIRS!! in the front!! :(.........I also asked if they had samples to give away they were like no but you can BUY the travel size if you like :( I politely said NO THANKS..they were probably lying!! ahwell....

Honestly, even leaving the conditioner on for 20 min did not totally cover my greys. I had a hard time finding them after the treatment so maybe that got a LITTLE less noticeable, but I only have about 4 or 5 grey strands. I finally found them and they are not black, just a little less white looking.

la flaca

StephyPoo said:
HIJACKING my own thread LOL :)....GLOSSYXLIPZ...OMG!!! Your hair is AMAZING!! ALL that growth in a year and a half..CONGRATS!! what's your regemin?????
I was gonna do the same thing. Girl, you hair is awesome!!:)

LovelyLionessa

This thread is so funny. I was starting to get that pj itch for more Aveda products, but my wallet just doesn't want to go there! The Black Malva conditioner for me works specifically for coloring, but not the level of conditioning I like per se. I'll take my Tresemme for that any day! I don't have to feel bad when I lavishly coat my strands with it, it doesn't break the bank!

Avin'sMom2010

HoneyDew said:
Honestly, even leaving the conditioner on for 20 min did not totally cover my greys. I had a hard time finding them after the treatment so maybe that got a LITTLE less noticeable, but I only have about 4 or 5 grey strands. I finally found them and they are not black, just a little less white looking.

I think I have a patch of about 20 grey hairs in the front on the right side only, I guess any coverage is better than nothing cause I am not ready for dye, :(

How often do you use it??

Isis

StephyPoo said:

No samples?!! I didn't know there were travel sizes but I thought all Aveda stores offered samples.
*notices StephyPoo's signature* :sekret::)

Avin'sMom2010

Isis said:
No samples?!! I didn't know there were travel sizes but I thought all Aveda stores offered samples.

Girl, YOU are MY #1 hair IDOL!!!!!!! I'm still going strong with the no heat thang ...it'll be 1 year next month!!! :)

Isis

StephyPoo said:
Girl, YOU are MY #1 hair IDOL!!!!!!! I'm still going strong with the no heat thang ...it'll be 1 year next month!!! :)
Wow, thank you StephyPoo! :blush: And congratulatons with the no heat! :up: A year is a major accomplishment!

MadisonK

Isis said:

I went to the Aveda store today and asked for a sample of the damage remedy shampoo, conditioner and treatment, universal styling cream and brilliant finishing gloss. She said they don't have samples of any of these or trial sizes to try. So, where is everyone getting samples? I don't see them on the website either.

HoneyDew

StephyPoo said:
I think I have a patch of about 20 grey hairs in the front on the right side only, I guess any coverage is better than nothing cause I am not ready for dye, :(

How often do you use it??

I have only used it once, last weekend. I have shampooed once since then and the color is still there, faded a bit, but I can still tell that it is darker. Not bad. :)

soonergirl

Hey ladies need to vent!!! Went to a w**** salon today to buy some aveda , as the aveda store is kinda far.. Walked in and the *****'s didnt speak just looked at me... Purchased DR condish, DR intensive treatment and some Universal Styling cream.. Get to the register, mind you no one came up to me to ask if I needed assistance, she rings me up, I ask for samples, and she looks at the other becky and she shakes her head no...They know they had some samples up in there:mad: !!! Whats up with that?? I guess I should just stick with going to the actual aveda store huh?? Do we treat them like that when some of their kind come into AA salons to get their hair done? Please tell me yall have seen this:lol: !!

asha

K Stokes said:
Do we treat them like that when some of their kind come into AA salons to get their hair done? Please tell me yall have seen this:lol: !!

I remember back in the day when when I used to go to this black salon to have my hair braided. White women would come in all the time to have their hair braided, weaved, relaxed, etc. YOu all think those black stylists pull ish with us....they are worse with the unsuspecting Becky. This one poor girl...the stylist used some kind of product for locking hair on each section she made when braiding this one woman's hair..telling her that this will make the braids last.

One lady was getting a relaxer on her fine curly blond hair. Stylist left it on past the timer (mind you we all heard the timer go off) then when she rinsed and was combing it her hair was breaking as she combed it. The girl put her hands in her head and asked if this was normal...stylist started talking about the relaxer gets rid of shed hairs. Then she looks at the other stylist and they exchange a smirk. After combing out her hair she flat irons and tells the girl that she probably shouldn't relax again because she has naturally fine hair and it will feel thin when straight. She also told her that there was no way to know that before doing the relaxer as everyone's hair is different. Becky soaked it up saying thank you and that she knows that her hair can be a problem.

I have seen lots of that. I used to think it was funny but now I just think those stylists are something else. Especially since I remember some of the ish they pulled on me. Like using the marcel iron on my freshly relaxed hair.