Naturals: your favourite shampoo?

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I hate shampoo and only use it once every month or two. I have no favorites as they all strip my hair. Give me cowashing all day every day

rririla

@growinghealthyhair

It makes my hair feel soo soft! My hair had never felt as soft before I started using it about a year ago.e I wish I could remember the thread I read with th rationale behind using it. Someone joked that it works kinda like salt does in the body (retains water).

I never knew what people meant when they said their hair felt like butter until I began DCing w/salt. I've used both table salt and sea salt with the same results. HTH! :)
I think this is the thread you were referring to...Hope it helps...

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=262381

mischka

shrinkage.
So far I really like Giovanni Smooth as Silk, but I can't say I've tried very many so far.

I know before I went natural I really liked this basic Herbal Essences shampoo that everyone here probably frowns on... it has a green cap and the bottle is a transparent pink, so you can see the other side of the back label is covered in roses.

SmilingElephant

Just ordered some Chagrin Valley shampoo bars today...we'll see how THAT goes. :lol:

I don't really have a fave. I'm currently using Crece Pelo.....but...Meh lol!!

Barbara

Princess
Verifen Complex Beneficial Phase Shampoo
Cream of Nature (ultra moisturizing/detangling formula) the original one
Elasta QP Cream Conditioning shampoo (the original one)

Jetblackhair

My favorite moisturizing shampoos are CON (green label original), Trader Joe's NourishSpa and currently I'm using Nexxus Therappe. I shampoo roughly once a week. My hair type is mostly 4a with some 3c, fine hair.

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
CON green and red label, my hair type is 4a/b and I shampoo once a month for now, I'm thinking about shampooing more often though. And I'm also looking for other shampoos.

PinkGirlFluff

My fav shampoo is Shea Moisture's Black Soap Shampoo. I usually shampoo once a week but I have so much I want to do right now so I'm trying to stretch it to two weeks. When my hair was shorter I washed more often but now that it's growing out the ying yang I don't use any gels or sticky stylers which makes stretching shampoos easier for me. I am a 4a/4b mix.

bride91501

I shampoo only out of necessity (use a clarifying poo once/month only), but if I ever decide to use one more regularly it will be Jane Carter's sulfate free formula. Made my hair feel non-stripped and pretty good when I used it last summer.

I was hanging out with one of my natural gfs last week, and her hair looked and felt better than it ever has. When I asked her what she'd added to her reggie, she said Shea Moisture's shampoo. So I guess that's like +29 for that recommendation lol.

ETA: I'm a 4b, and she's like 3c I think.

Last edited:

PinkGirlFluff

I usually shampoo once a week but right now I'm trying to stretch it to two weeks because I have a lot I want to get done this weekend. I use Shea Moisture's Black Soap shampoo. I am a happy 4b.

Last edited:

MzSwift

rririla
Thanks for posting that thread. I was actually talking about a thread on another site:blush:

^^I just read that thread and then Googled salt and hair...and found this on The Beauty Brains...

http://thebeautybrains.com/2010/05/20/should-i-put-salt-in-my-hair-conditioner/

However...the answer makes no sense since who is stupid enough to just think that b/c their conditioner is thicker/richer looking it is actually making their hair softer? The women in that other thread actually claimed their HAIR felt better. Just wanted to smh at that answer.

@EllePixie
Yeah, I'd be too scared to use anything on my hair that foamed like that. Salt doesn't have that kind of reaction with my conditioer, fortunately.

Last edited:

cheryl26

I like organix cherry blossom, hercut, and l'oreal kid's shampoos :grin:. Not sure of my hairtype though, I was told 2s-3c??

EllePixie

rririla
Thanks for posting that thread. I was actually talking about a thread on another site:blush:

@EllePixie
Yeah, I'd be too scared to use anything on my hair that foamed like that. Salt doesn't have that kind of reaction with my conditioer, fortunately.

Actually, lol, when I add baking soda to mixes it definitely foams...I think it's fun!

rririla

@rririla

@EllePixie

You're welcome lady!....I am sure that topics overlap on these boards a lot, so it's easy to get them mixed up....:spinning:

Chromia

I'm always buying something different because I'm a product junkie and I like to try new things. Last time I bought shampoo I bought Organix Grapefruit Mango Butter Shampoo. The label says it's moisturizing and it really is. For clarifyng & chelating I use Quantum Clarifying Shampoo.

My hair type is 4, I guess 4a. I shampoo once a week or once every 2 weeks.

temfash

CON green or red label or elasta Qp cream conditioning shampoo....I also use ORS creamy aloe regularly as I live in a very hard water area.:afro: