chagrin shampoo bars for naturals?

slw980205

I am looking for a non chemical all natural shampoo that is moisturizing, non drying, and gives slip. I don't want to always prepoo and would love it if I can find a true moisturizing all natural shampoo. I am a 4b natural and have problems with dry hair and scalp. I have my eye on the chagrin shampoo bars. If any 4b naturals have tried these shampoo bars or any other natural shampoos please give me your reviews. I also welcome reviews from others.

suburbanbushbabe

Not a 4b but I used Chagrin Valley soap bars (not the shampoo bars) most of last year. The soap bars have more oils than the shampoo bars. I loved them; so many good ones and the samples last a long time. Don't use them any more because I discovered Theraneem Maximum Strength Neem soap with Sweet Orange and Ylang Ylang and I love that more.

chebaby

im a 3c 4a and i love chagrin valley shampoo bars. my fave is the carrot milk and honey. it was very moisturizing and my hair didnt feel coated after.

sleepflower

I have natural 4AB hair and have ordered samples. They are on vacation now but I will come back with my impressions ASAP.

redecouvert

I am a huge chagrin valley fan. Actually since I discovered them, i never went back to liquid shampoo! They're extremely moisturizing, samples are generous and full sizes will last you forever!
I have all the soaps..lol...that's how great they are!

bravenewgirl87

I'm currently trying the Cafe Morena and the Extra Egg, Beer Honey. I'll write a review soon and post it on my blog.[/COLOR][/COLOR]

empressri

my hair loves them. that's probably why my hair is being funky cause i haven't used them in awhile.

slw980205

so i ordered some sample bars and i can't wait until they arrive. on another note, on my quest to switch to all natural hair care products i was at the store called lush in macys looking at their shampoo bars. for those of you who don't know lush is a handmade hair and body beauty store that sells the popular "bath bombs." I bought a coconut oil and algae shampoo bar. it wasn't until i got home when i read the brochure they gave me and discovered these bars had sodium laureth sulfate along with every other unnatural ingredient possible. thankfully i was able to return them.

sleepflower

I tried the Babassu and Marshmallow one yesterday. We have hard water here so I had added lemon juice to a lot of cold water to use afterwards. The shampoo bar left my hair feeling like wax but the acidulated water helped some. I did notice that my hair curled back some something fierce, way more than it had done in weeks.

The lady says one does not need conditioner with it but yeah right! My hair feels really good. If it were not for that waxy feeling I would really love it.

I am going to keep using her stuff for a few weeks (I have the Babassu and Marshamallow, Lavender Spice, Honey Beer & Egg, and Chamomile Citrus bars) to see if any of it gets better.