Naturals: your favourite shampoo?

lesedi

All is well with me
Hi everyone

I have been searching for an extremely moisturizing shampoo to use ever since I bc'd 6 weeks ago and i'm outta luck. My hair just doesn't take as well with my old favourite (ORS creamy aloe) now that I am natural.
Naturals: please name your favourite shampoos for me! Could you also state your hair type and how often you shampoo as well?
I'm trying to figure out a shampooing regimen since i now co-wash daily.

Thankyou

13StepsAhead

Well for ME, I don't find any shampoo extremely moisturizing which is why I only shampoo 1-2x a month. I do however find that my hair doesn't feel stripped when I have use one of the following: Giovanni TTT (I use for clarifying), CON detangling shampoo original formula (moisture) and Elucence MB (moisture). It's definitely trial and error as a natural to find a shampoo that works best for your hair.

ETA: I don't subscribe to hair typing because it's too confusing and I have like three diffrent textures on my head.

Last edited:

GreenEyedJen

Cosigning with CON original. I also love Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Shampoo. I'm horrible with hair typing so I've never claimed a type. I shampoo at least once a week, but I don't cowash.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I don't have a fave shampoo but the one that I keep reaching for is the Organix Coconut shampoo (I haven't tried the others from the brand.) I originally got it since it is sulfate-free so it is less irritating to my extremely dry eczema-prone skin. It also does not strip the hair too much like regular shampoos. I wouldn't call it moisturizing but it doesn't tangle or knot my hair up when I use it which is another plus.
I wash my hair with shampoo once a week. I have kinky type 4b hair.

Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Shine Shampoo. longest name in the world, but awesome cleanser that free of all the bad stuff and actually lathers.

EllePixie

I'm sticking with the new CON Moisture and Shine, and the old formula I have. In terms of pjism, shampoo doesn't excite me much, so I'm going to stick with something inexpensive and that I can buy on the ground. I shampoo my hair once a week. Oh, and I don't know my hair type.

Last edited:

Truth

I have yet to find anything that has come close to CON the orginial forumla...I'm about to give the new CON argan oil one a try....if that fails.... then I will be using whatever...but yea nothing has ever came close to that poo...
Edit...I shampoo once a week and I'm a 4 something or another

Iluvsmuhgrass

I have two so far... Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Shine Shampoo and Bee Mine Peppermint Tea Tree Shampoo. I haven't tried CON on my natural hair just yet (I can't find it anywhere :nono: )

naturalTAN

I wash once a week with Aussie Moist shampoo or Suave 2n1 poo/con. Both always leave my hair feeling soft and conditioned. I've never had a problem with my hair feeling stripped even though I am extremely heavy-handed with shampoo. Diluting is for wimps. :look: :lachen:

BostonMaria

So far the only shampoo that works for me is Come Clean by Kinky Curly. It costs $11.99 at Whole Foods but a quarter sized amount gives me enough lather to wash my hair. My hair doesn't feel stripped of moisture and that's a BIG plus because my hair is extremely dry. Since I only shampoo once a month (I mostly co-wash) this little bottle could easily last me 8 months.

KaramelKutie803

I love Shea Moisture's Curl & Shine shampoo. My second choice would be Elasta QP Cream Conditioning Shampoo

Sent from my Vortex using Long Hair Care Forum App

Mandy4610

I use Curls Shampoo...The curlicious curl shampoo one. I am in love with the scent more than anything, my whole bathroom and bedroom smells like it after I use it...

It has a creamy consistency almost like a conditioner, it doesn't leave my hair feeling stripped or tangles, it seems to be very gentle (Which could be a negative if you have build up). So far, I am liking this shampoo.

I have different textures on my head, mostly 4a/b.

KaramelDiva1978

I have to agree and co-sign with the Shea Moisture line. I love, love, love ALL of the products I've tried by them so far. I just took advantage of the Walgreen's buy 1, get 1 free and got my second bottle of Shea Moisture Organic Moisture Retention shampoo. My hair LOVES it and it does not strip or dry out and leaving the conditioner in as a moisturizer for styling is also a big PLUS for my hair. This stuff is the business!!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I love Komaza's Moja shampoo. It's so moisturizing to my hair. Ever since starting to use their product line and Oyin pomade for my twists, my hair looks moisturized and is very soft.

CrueltyFree

Deity of America Plant Shampoo for Hair loss. I shampoo twice a week but I'm trying to get at least three times a week because my scalp responds well to more frequent washing. My hair is very coarse, low porosity, very kinky :look:

curlyhersheygirl

I shampoo weekly and these are my favorites,
Giovanni 50/50, Sheamoisture curl & shine or moisture retention.
None of these are stripping and they are all moisturizing.
The most moisturizing out of the three is the moisture retention.
I have no clue what my hair type is.

Lita

KeraCare sulfate free detangling poo..

KeraCare sulfate free color moisturizing poo...

KeraCare Amla/Neem cream poo (in the jar) sulfate free

Shea moisture Hibiscus curl shine poo...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

MzSwift

I've been using Shikakai and Amla powder mixed w/condish and oils as my main shampoo for the last year and my hair loves it!
I shampoo once a week and follow it w/a lite protein and moisturizing DC.
Once a month (or so) I clarify w/Suave Daily Clarifying poo and follow w/a harder protein and moisturizing DC.
I'm a fine stranded 4a/b (if you buy into that system)

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm currently using CON (green) and I love it. I wash with shampoo 1x/wkly and cowash daily. I am trying to switch to a natural shampoo so I will be trying Shea Moisture's Curl & Shine and Moisture Retention. I'm 4a.

MzSwift

growinghealthyhair

It makes my hair feel soo soft! My hair had never felt as soft before I started using it about a year ago. I wish I could remember the thread I read with the rationale behind using it. Someone joked that it works kinda like salt does in the body (retains water).

I never knew what people meant when they said their hair felt like butter until I began DCing w/salt. I've used both table salt and sea salt with the same results. HTH! :)

MzSwift

growinghealthyhair

I just use a teaspoon. I had to experiment to find which amount worked best for my hair though. I'm too scared to go over a 1.5 teaspoon, I didn't want any drying issues. You know how it is with too much of a good thing...