Naturals: How often do you wash your hair?

Naturals: How often do you wash your hair?

• everyday

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • 2x or more a week

Votes: 63 36.2%
  • once a week

Votes: 69 39.7%
  • every 2-3 weeks

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • once a month or less

Votes: 9 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vintageglam

I try and wash 1x week with shampoo (sulphate free) and then usually co-wash 1x week when I have the time. This is not always an exact science tho and can change depending on how busy I am.

Kindheart

I used to cowash 2ce a week and poo+DC once a week, I ve noticed some shedding. I think cowashing often weakens my hair so I m going to poo+dc once a week +1 cowash if needed .
If my hair gets dry instead of going through cowashing combing etc I just spray some water+Co mix to give it a bit of moisture.

Last edited:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I shampoo (lo poo) once a week or two. Otherwise, I rinse and co-wash as needed based on my exercise schedule.

iri9109

i usually wash (with a sulfate free shampoo or castille soap) on saturday & then i'll probably co-wash 1x mid week.

BrownEyez22

Lately, I've been washing with Shampoo about 2x a month.

I rinse my hair with plain water sometimes, and I might cowash maybe 2x a month in between the shampoos.

newgrowth15

I shampoo 2x per week in the summer. If I am bunning, I co-wash every day. If I am wearing twists, braids or cornrowns, I co-wash every 3-4 days.

LaFemmeNaturelle

I wash weekly, alternating with a sulfate poo (nexxus therappe) and an ayurvedic shampoo. I'm transitioning but will do the same when I'm fully natural!

biancaelyse

I usually co wash every 2nd or 3rd day unless I'm being lazy. My hair is thick but has fine strands and it usually does better with more frequent rinsings.

nikolite

Usually every 2 weeks. I may wash with just water once a week (just to combat the itchies if necessary), but then every two weeks I use shampoo and conditioner and all that.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I clarify twice a week. My hair gets product buildup easy so in order for my moisturizers to work I need to shampoo my hair thoroughly. I don't co wash.

Naturae

I Co-wash every other day so using shampoo is only on an 'absolute must' basis ( i.e, product buildup, 3 days before henna treatment, if I decide to flat iron, etc.) But I dont wash my hair so much as I wash my scalp.
ETA: I shampoo my scalp and just let it run down the lengths of my hair. Once upon a time I used to pile my hair on top of my head, plop a big chunk of shampoo on and just go to town rigerously... big no-no!

Qtee

wash with shampoo once a weekly..co wash twice weekly...my routine is fri night wash and dc...then on monday morn and wed or thurs morn I co wash..oh and I rinse on the other days..so basically my hair is wet everyday...

steffiejoe

I wash or co-wash once a week. It just depends on how dirty my hair is. Lately I've been rotating( wash one week , co-wash the next week)