Naturals: How often do you wash your hair?

Naturals: How often do you wash your hair?

• everyday

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • 2x or more a week

Votes: 63 36.2%
  • once a week

Votes: 69 39.7%
  • every 2-3 weeks

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • once a month or less

Votes: 9 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ScorpioBeauty09

I'm curious how often my fellow naturals wash their hair as I hear a lot of people say they was everyday and others once a month or something. Thanks.

HennaRo

I conditioner wash pretty much daily and shampoo wash maybe once a week, depending on what products I use.

A good majority of naturals I've seen cowash weekly and poo once a month.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I cowash several times a week. Shampoo only when needed (1x a week or less)

EllePixie

Wash with a non-sulfate shampoo once a week, twice a week if my scalp feels dirty.

I cowash daily though!

bride91501

I don't really use any products in my hair besides moisturizers and natural oils for sealing, so my *current* plan is to only shampoo once every 4-6 weeks or so. Since I've been wearing my hair out (as opposed to under a weave), I've been co-washing every other day.

silenttullip

I low poo twice a week in summer sometimes more because of sebum and once a week in winter cause well shoot its cold lol

Ronnieaj

I tea rinse and co-wash twice a week, and use a non-sulfate poo once every two weeks. My hair hates daily cowashing and too much moisture, so I can only cowash after a tea rinse. Twice a week is a good balance.

Yoshi3329

I wash my hair with shampoo once a week (lather twice).

I conditioner wash twice a week.

Clarify and chelate once a month.

ETA: BTW, I'm transitioning...

Last edited:

prettyinpurple

Ideally every two weeks or so.

Wash n go is not the business for my hair, so I need to set aside time to wash and lightly blowdry it.

Fiyawerks

I'm natural, I cowash daily...I have maybe an inch of hair though, the water feels good on my scalp, and I love to play in my curls.

Fhrizzball

I shampoo once a week or every other week. And then I cowash once a week or every other week. I rotate between the two. Now since it's so hot and humid I find I have to wash once a week and cowash in the middle of the week. So it's been twice a week concerning that I suppose...?

It's not set in stone though.

preciouslove0x

Once every two weeks. Its only been about a month (or four weeks or two washes) since I've done this. I have found that it has helped a lot with cutting down with manipulation (with the addition of wearing twists). I will continue to wash my hair on this schedule until my hair shows that I need to try something else. However I will begin to rinse my hair with just water a few times a week; reason being that I just started with MT and don't want protein overload to occur.

ThePerfectScore

With shampoo only like every 1-2 weeks... I've never gone 3 weeks b/c at that point my scalp would have so much build up it would be itching something awful....

I cowash pretty much daily... as frequently as twice a day or as infrequent as every other day.

At least once a day my hair gets drenched in water, even if I don't do anything but rinse.

Last edited:

IrisDaVirus

Shampoo every 3 days to avoid buildup from experimenting with different products

Co-wash almost everyday because my scalp sweats and itches like crazy in this summer heat.

Last edited: