Naturals considering TexLaxing??

abioni

I have tried keratin many times with different keratin brands and they all broke my hair badly.

I want to texlax/relax my hair mainly because I want elongation with my braid/twist outs. I'm APL and my hair doesn't cover my ears after a braid out.

@Napp, what was your hair like before the keratin treatment? I have fine 4B hair and it doesn't seem to do well with Keratin treatment. It could be the brands that I used though.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I have tried keratin many times with different keratin brands and they all broke my hair badly.

I want to texlax/relax my hair mainly because I want elongation with my braid/twist outs. I'm APL and my hair doesn't cover my ears after a braid out.

@Napp, what was your hair like before the keratin treatment? I have fine 4B hair and it doesn't seem to do well with Keratin treatment. It could be the brands that I used though.

What brands have you tried? Did you get it professionally done or did it at home? I've been doing keratin for a long time and in my experience you do not need 50-11 passes of an extremely hot 450 degree flat iron to get a good result.

I still have shrinkage though. I'm at apl and my wash n go can shrink to the top of my neck or hang just above my shoulders depending on what it put it in it for styling.

MzSwift

I texlaxed in April 2014 after 4.5 years natural and I'm still texlaxed. I tried to mini loc for about 4 months but it was way more work.

I've enjoyed my texlaxed hair overall. The problem is that I've been wearing it out too often and over manipulating. So I haven't retained any length. I've gone from WL natural to maintaining at MBL texlaxed. I'm enjoying showing the length of my hard work - something I couldn't do with my natural shrinkage. I love my braidouts! My wash days have been reduced to wash hour(s). More importantly, I've finally conquered SSKs.

So I'm going back to what worked for me in order to retain. From 4 weeks post until I relax again (every 3-4 months), I'm going back to alternating wigs, mini braids and braid/twist extensions. Mini braids offer me a way to wear my hair out without the overmanipulation. I'll throw in wearing my hair out for special occasions in between time as the texlaxed hair makes it much easier. I'm determined to get back to WL and beyond!

Yes, sometimes my results are inconsistent. But I've found that even when the results are too straight at first, it seems to gain more texture as time goes by. As long as most of my hair retains texture, I'm happy. Besides, my natural hair is really many different textures all over my head anyway. Lol.

GL to any ladies considering it. I don't regret my decision. We have this wonderful resource in LHCF to have healthy hair in whatever state we choose to rock it! ;)