natural/organic product users post your staples and reviews

alittlestar

I am very interested in Shampoo bars. I really don't like shampoo or liquid soaps much for my hair (seems like they spill a lot or otherwise get used up quickly). What shampoo bars are out there that work well and are affordable?

...I order my shampoo bars from chagrinvalleysoaps.com. They have an endless list of great shampoo bars. I just used one tonight. It's the rosemary mint bar. It's great. I love their bars and their customer service.
:) They are highly recommended.

darlingdiva

Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Hair Treatment: it's dark green and it has an ointment-like consistency. It smells like avocados. I like it because it thoroughly protects my hair from the shampoo & it gives my hair an extra boost of moisture and shine.

Earthly Delight Herbal Shampoo: it's brown and it smells like herbs. I like it because it cleanses well (just be sure to dilute it with water). You also don't have to use a lot to get a good lather.

Jane Carter Hair Nourishing Cream: It's off-white (or a similar color) and has an orangey smell. I like it because it doesn't weigh my hair down, but it gives me the moisture that I need.

Karen's Body Beautiful Deep Conditioner: It's white and the scent varies based on which one you want. (I have honey oatmeal. I unscrew the cap to smell it everytime I go into the bathroom. The smell is that delicious.) I honestly cannot say enough good things about this product. My hair feels softer and stronger after I use it, and the slip is amazing. Because of this product, I no longer have to rely on a conditioner w/ silicone.

Mayonnaise: I like it because it gives me a nice boost of strength and softness. It's actually one of the few proteins that I can use without having to worry about overload or hard hair.

Honey: I like it because it moisturizes my hair and makes it shine when I add it to my mixture of water, coconut and castor oils.

***This next one is debatable, but I'm going to include it anyway.

Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In: It's brown & it smells like vanilla. I know that it functions only as hair perfume for many, but it actually works as a leave-in conditioner for me. I use it after I wash my hair, I use it for detangling (on dry hair), and I use it when I have braids. I love the way it feels when I seal it with castor oil.

Last edited:

*Muffin*

...I order my shampoo bars from chagrinvalleysoaps.com. They have an endless list of great shampoo bars. I just used one tonight. It's the rosemary mint bar. It's great. I love their bars and their customer service.
:) They are highly recommended.

Thank you! I have a few more questions, though. Do you find their bars clarify hair well and do they perform equally as well or better, in your opinion, than liquid shampoos?