dominican and italian product staples

Glamorous_chic

after protective styling for the last 10 months i've completly forgotten my routine and product staples. been a busy year. so i had to buy shampoo and conditioner as i'd completly ran out. i love dominicans products and love the italian conditioner alter ego, but my beauty supply store doesn't sale the condition just the shampoo for 19.99 :perplexed

so i bought some silicon mix shampoo and conditioner and :lick: wow, my hair feels soo soft and moisturized. i forgot how much i loved washing my hair. :lol: anyways, just rambling. has anyone tried the alter ego shampoo? is it worth 19.99? i know i can probably order it online but prefer buying things on the ground, any other italian or dominican products you recommend? i want to still get the alter ego conditioner for deep conditioner days ever other week, but want to also try lacio lacio or salerim leave-ins.

any reviews or input? thanks

Never tried the Alter Ego Shampoo but I do love some Dominican/Italian hair products! Here are some that I've used and recommend:

Alter Ego Nourispa Leave in Conditioner
Alter Ego Hasty Lux Shine Spray
Alter Ego Nequal Intensive Energizing Lotion (scalp drops)
Lacio Lacio Leave in Conditioner
Rolland UNA Moisturizing Masque
Rolland UNA Dual Phase Treatment

Dominican DC's I like:

Miss key 10 en 1
Toque emergencia

Italian products I like:
Salerm 21 leave in
Alfaparf makes 2 nice mild/med reconstructors; Rigen and Real cream

I have and used:
Silicon Mix Shampoo - don't use it too much
Silicon Mix Intensive Deep Treatment (all gone) - it was okay I prefer Bambu (my stylist used Bambu)
Silicon Mix Intensive Leave-In Hair Shine and Conditioner - used it last week when I flat-ironed and my hair is still nice and soft
Lacio Lacio High Shine Leave-In Hair Conditioner - love it (use for rollersets mainly)
Salerm 21 Leave-In - love it (use it when I air dry sometimes)
Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner (all gone) - I will get some more of this when I use up some more products because it worked really well for me. It kept my hair nice and soft.

Glamorous_chic:

Silicon Mix mask (the original, I didn't care much for the Pearl or the Bamboo). The leave in is very nice too.
Alter Ego Energizing and Rebalancing cream. I washed yesterday with it and it detangled my 11 week post relaxer hair like butter.
Alter Ego coconut mask is another very good mask, especially during winter.

The whole Alfaparf line (goes without saying I'm a huge fan, look at my siggy) but mainly the semi di lino blue vials and the Linea Salone range (also Alfaparf).

Like others mentioned, Salerm 21 (which is a spanish line, not italian) and the Salerm Wheatgerm Mask.

@halee J...The cat has a real strange look on its face. Maybe this is fear? This is a wild picture. Thank you.

Last edited:
Silicone mix
Alter Ego Coconut
Rolland Una Growth Shampoo

All of these work quite well on my hair. Lacio lacio is in my stash but I have yet to try it.

Staples:
Alter Ego Garlic
Alfaparf Rigen, Real Creme, etc.....
Rollands Una *don't currently have
German D' Trigo Wheat Germ Rx *don't currently have
Salerm B5 Leave-In *don't have currently

Last edited:
i have quite a few in my stash. i just tried the alter ego garlic deep conditioner and its really nice. i also have some more alter ego products,alfaparf, una, kuz, salerm,dominican magic etc. once i finish up all of those i will probably stick with my brazillian products. I like them the most.

Girl the only Dominican Product line you need is Lady Fior Olive Shampoo, Lady Fior Olive Oil Rinse and Lady Fior Kita Ondas. Those are Dominican btw.

Just about the time I find a dominican product that I am insanely, dangerously in love with they change the formula. errrrgh!

Alter Ego garlic conditioner was really good but its been YEARS since I tried it.
Crece Pelo Leave In is alway my favorite for rollersets.
Kanechom is Brazilian, but their Shea butter and Keratin DC is the bomb.
Linange Neutralizing Conditioner is good too.
AG fast food was never a staple, but I never hated it either.

Sent from my Gramatically Incorrect iPhone

Back