Natural Heads I Need Your Help

zoya_j

My hair is dry, dry, dry. Glycerin & water used to be my staple, along with Paul Mitchell Leave-in but they're not working anymore. I've tried WOC curl activator, cholesterol deep treatments, ic polisher & pomade but nothing is working. My hair gets dried out in seconds! Could this be due to the weather, it has been very hot! I usually wear weaves, but I'm giving my hair a break in between styles.
I am thinking about getting the CDHHB. Anybody else fighting the war against dryness? The only thing that locks in moisture in my hair is twists but I alternate this with twistouts and free forms and then it is back to dry city again. I can't wait to get a ponytail, my edges still aren't long enough (next month for sure).

Kitten

I second the African Royale Braid Spray. I've been using it the entire two years that I have been natural. It nips the dryness right in the bud.

zoya_j

Thanks ladies! I'll try the braid spray. My brother uses this and he recommended it to me a while back.

z3000zee

have you tried filtered or distilled water? Before I apply any pomades, etc. i either rinse or spritz with water. The pomade seals in the moisture.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I am not quite natural yet but conditioner washes have softened up my new growth so much that I can comb straight through it when wet. I am a 4a.

Mufasa

I can vouch for Carol's Daughter HHB. That really works well for my hair. I have heard that the curl activators are good for moisture. Conditioning washes and steaming the hair help tremendously too.

JazzAngel

zoya, when was the last time you did a deep conditioning treatment? Also how do you wash your hair? Sometimes product buildup and make your hair a bit dry.

So if this is the case you then need to clarify and then follow up with some good deep conditioning. When my hair gets super dry in the past I have done deep conditioning every two to three days untill I feel a good difference.

Good Luck
JA