Natural Hair Ladies: A Flex Rod Tutorial

cmw45

Although...I am NOT a fan of her lipstick...I know I am a horrible person *goes off to the corner and puts head down*

cmw45

hmm? wrong thread?

I don't think that comment is in the wrong thread. She kind of pulls the hair apart roughly...at first I thought it was because of tangles but she kept pulling it like that even after a trim and detangling twice.

keluric

Did she start combing mid-shaft?:eek2:

That's exactly why I don't go to stylists.:nono: Thanks for the vid, though.

DozenRoses99

Thank you so much for posting this link! (Youtube still continues to amaze me with the amount of information that it has on it.:yep:) I actually did not know that this is how these rollers could be used. I have been using them like regular rollers--rolling the strand of hair in the middle of the flexirod then bending both ends over the middle to hold it in place. I have the gray flexirods, and I plan to try this style this weekend.

Nice & Wavy

She starts with trimming this ladies hair, I could barely handle looking at it because she used a small tooth comb. Made my head hurt. (I am a bonafide member of the tenderheaded club :ohwell:)

But if you can get through that she does a wonderful job of a flex rod hair tutorial with the end result style she claims lasts 2-4 weeks.

I think the key to this is the flex rods and some type of setting solution either a gel or liquid. I imagine you can get this look even a little fuller with larger rods.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bT9QPE9na4c&feature=related

Did anyone keep a copy of this video? The user removed it so I can't see it.

I found it from the above link that was provided...thank you.

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
ive been practicing roller sets so i can do them on myself when my hair gets longer. i wasnt crazy about the end result though. it didnt look like a rod set unless that was the point.:ohwell: