Flexi-Rods on Natural 4B Hair

TRINITY05

Flexi-Rods

Ladies who use flexi-rods on natural 4b hair, what products are you using to make it smooth? I just did a flexi-rod set and let it dry over night and I am not happy with the results.

The curls are okay....but they are not smooth enough for me and the ends are a little bushy.

Any help would be appreciated so I can try this again.

Last edited:

ravenhairedcharm

When I used to rollerset my natural hair it helped to do small sections. I also smoothed my hair with a comb (not a finetooth one) before rolling it, and got smoother results. For the ends to dry smoother you could try end papers.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
well i am not a 4b but my hair is 4a and i used to flexi rod set my hair all of the time. I would recommend using a heavier leave in along with a little bit of setting lotion to get a nice smooth set. it might also help to use end papers but it is not really necessary once you get the technique down.

k_enitan

When I used to rollerset my natural hair it helped to do small sections. I also smoothed my hair with a comb (not a finetooth one) before rolling it, and got smoother results. For the ends to dry smoother you could try end papers.

well i am not a 4b but my hair is 4a and i used to flexi rod set my hair all of the time. I would recommend using a heavier leave in along with a little bit of setting lotion to get a nice smooth set. it might also help to use end papers but it is not really necessary once you get the technique down.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but what is this end paper method? TIA

Napp

Ms. Nobody
End papers are small papers that increase the amount of tension your hair gets when rolled on a roller. They usually help get the hair smoother and straighter but take a little longer to roll the hair with.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Make sure it is soaking wet, that will contribute to the smoothness.
I recommend a creamy leave in and a foam wrap.

Sent from my phone-typos to be expected :)

alive

try doing a braid out first to stretch the hair, take it down once it's dry, moisturize and then set on the flexi rods