How to put your hair in a puff tutorial

I'm jealous she just runs her comb right through with no resistance. :ohwell:
My tangly ends would have start a riot if I did that. That's why I gave up on that type of "curl definiton" there is usually some combing involved. Maybe someday when I resolve my knot problem. A wash n' go is about as far as I can get.

Ok I tried a version of this first on my moms hair last night and then on mine this morning.

My mother has fine 4A hair, I used the green sparkelites gel and serum on her hair. She always has more curl definition than I do and I'd say that it didn't necessariy clump her hair more, but her hair was shiny this morning and that never happens.

I've got really thick 4a/b hair. For my hair I used the blue sparkelites gel and the green serum (couldn't find the blue) and there's good and bad. The good is that I think that my hair is detangled better than it's ever been. It's also laying flat with ZERO flyaways and since my hair is still moist the definition is good. The bad is that this is alot of product and it's been 3 hours and my hair is still moist. I have to hold my judgement of curl definition until it dries.

I think I will continue to use this method.

this thread was a godsend. i had given up on the puff, but she made it so easy for me. im probably more of a visual learner. i did it on dry hair and only used the gel around the edges to make it sleeker. you only really need the product if you want to maintain curl def. and i guess you need a good length of hair too. but my hair is far from apl, and i had major puffage. i do braid my hair after washing but i dont maintain that much length from doing that. im gonna try her method tonight with a lot less product though. i just dont want to get caught up in that trap.

Thanks Kweenameena for posting this! It was very informative. I will definitely be trying it very soon.:yep:

Hey guys!!! I'm not hiding. I'm just very lazy when it comes to posting messages on forums, lol, but I'm glad that my videos helped!

I finally got this style down. Its looked really cute today. Thank goodness Iam going to see how long I can make it last, I am going to spray it real good with leave in and put a bagging on the bun only and then tie the rest of my hair down and then put a bonnet over it if this works this will be a weekly style for me for now on. I like it on my. I couldn't use the pantyhose but I used a wrapp around scrunchie and it worked I double tied it.

Just finished watching and taking notes from the video.
She has gorgeous hair; I have looked at her album before(I think that was her.)
Maybe I didn't get the link from here, possibly another site.

2 Questions ladykpnyc:
1)Did you do a photo shoot dressed up like a boxer, photos were in black and white?(saw this in the album, if this was indeed you.)
2)And what color red/burgundy do you color you hair?

blessings!
dk

I liked the video, she is also very likable, just something special about her personality. Do you guys think she has fine hair or is it just in the 3's or something. My hair is so dense, I could never put my hair in a puff that easily, my hair would laugh at that little knee high.
Mee too girl!LOL! I did learn something. She seems like such a nice person and someone who would be great to hang out with.

Wow! You do exist! You must be new to the forum. Welcome! And thank you for your videos!

Hey Girl!:spinning:

:lachen: I have been a member for a while, just haven't been posting. I'm glad you guys like my videos.:yay:

Someone posted a comment on youtube so I wanted to say Thanks!

It's Dark and Lovely's Chestnut Brown. It's a reddish brown. I don't have very good lighting in my house so it doesn't show the color as much as I would like.

No, I didn't take any pictures like that, lol. I wish I did though! I take horrible pictures, that's why I don't have a fotki album. :blush:

LadyKaypnyc, thanks for the video. My daughter saw this and wants me to wash her hair tomorrow so she wear her hair like this. I just got to go out and get some serum.:grin:

Hey guys!!! I'm not hiding. I'm just very lazy when it comes to posting messages on forums, lol, but I'm glad that my videos helped!
Welcome,:dance7: You are up on here for real. I asked you a question I was the one who said about detangling in the shower. Yeah that was me:grin:. I tried this just with a bone comb it came out good too.

Welcome,:dance7: You are up on here for real. I asked you a question I was the one who said about detangling in the shower. Yeah that was me:grin:. I tried this just with a bone comb it came out good too.

Hey girl!!! I did try detangling in the shower and I was scared I was going to see alot of breakage, but I didn't! :grin: It made the whole process much much faster!!! Thanks for the tip:lots:

Last edited:
Back