How to put your hair in a puff tutorial

This is great. I'm still transitioning, but I will be natural one day. My sister is natural right now, so I showed her the video. I kept telling her that she needed to try Fantasia IC gel because it's the bomb diggity. However, seeing this girl use it in this video has finally made her a believer.

Thanks for sharing.

kweenameena,
Thanks for posting this. I am so excited to try this, I forgot all about the kneehigh and holding our hair like that and then to IC gel and the denman brush I heard it but never knew how you did it. So yeah you made the rest of my going back to work week good. I been on vacation since Wednesday the 19th and I am sad I have to go back to work tomorrow:ohwell:. I know I am greedy:grin:

Ohhhhh, so that's the purpose of a denman brush!

I have one that I bought from Sally's, but never used it for curl definition. I used it to detangle once when I was transitioning, but :nono:.

Anyhoo, I've learned something. The only thing that puzzles me is that it seems that she could possibly get the same results with a wash 'n go. If she just applied product to soaking wet hair and finger combed. Save ya about 20 minutes.

I have one that I bought from Sally's, but never used it for curl definition. I used it to detangle once when I was transitioning, but :nono:.

Anyhoo, I've learned something. The only thing that puzzles me is that it seems that she could possibly get the same results with a wash 'n go. If she just applied product to soaking wet hair and finger combed. Save ya about 20 minutes.

That's what I usually do. I don't have time to be sectioning and brushing/combing.

I find that I have to do what she does so that I won't look like a big frizz ball by the end of the day! It makes a difference!

What hair type would you all say that she is?

I liked the video, she is also very likable, just something special about her personality. Do you guys think she has fine hair or is it just in the 3's or something. My hair is so dense, I could never put my hair in a puff that easily, my hair would laugh at that little knee high.

I find that I have to do what she does so that I won't look like a big frizz ball by the end of the day! It makes a difference!

I was wondering the same thing...my hair would only look like hers if I had a strong texturizer or if I used tons (and I mean tons) of leave ins and gels and such.

I would say a 4a. Her hair looks very similar to mine. She clearly has a curl pattern but it's still nappy.

Hopefully she'll make a lot more tutorials. I love her hair and her personality. I noticed that she didn't answer about whether or not she was a member of a hairboard. Maybe she doesn't want anyone to know or maybe she's a lurker!! Hmmmmm Come on out girl and show yo face!! LOL:grin:

I just now got that "kneehigh" is the pantyhose stuff :lachen: I know i can't do a puff because it would give me a headache. I am jealous of you guys that can because they look so cute.

Hopefully she'll make a lot more tutorials. I love her hair and her personality. I noticed that she didn't answer about whether or not she was a member of a hairboard. Maybe she doesn't want anyone to know or maybe she's a lurker!! Hmmmmm Come on out girl and show yo face!! LOL:grin:

Yea gurl...Im the one that asked:lachen:I just had to know...but i noticed she skipped my question and answered ur question about her hair type:lachen:

That seemed very easy to do. She is seems very sweet. It gives me hope for my future natural hair:look:

Thank you for bringing it to our attention OP.

Dang she has some serious natural hair. I would love to see it straight. You can tell that her hair is SUPER soft.
Did you see how it was bouncing, even more so after she put the gel in. Um....that makes me wanna go natural. I am saving this flick...thanks!

I think that's because she used Fantasia IC gel and a Denman brush in part 1 of the video. I was wondering what she did to her hair so I watched the other videos on how she achieved curl definition.

I don't believe you have to have 'soft' hair to do it.

Thanks for posting. Very informative. Does anybody know if she mentions how she got her edges to grow back in and what was the cause of the damage in the first place?

I think that's because she used Fantasia IC gel and a Denman brush in part 1 of the video. I was wondering what she did to her hair so I watched the other videos on how she achieved curl definition.

I don't believe you have to have 'soft' hair to do it.

I couldn't find the other videos. I noticed that it said PT. 3, but can someone post a link to PT. 1 & 2?

TIA

I went and created mines the same way but it didn't come out right. Yes I have plenty of curls and the definition was great but my puff was tiny. I will have to wait it out another six months. I am guessing her hair was aleady armpit length. Knee highs don't work for me as well. I don't have that hump, bump in the back of my head. The back of my head is pretty flat and perhaps thats why the kneehighs wouldn't hold on. I am so frustrated. But I was able to style my hair with just the curls so I did like that alot. she is very nice she responded to all my questions.

Thanks for posting. Very informative. Does anybody know if she mentions how she got her edges to grow back in and what was the cause of the damage in the first place?

She said the cause of damage was wearing micro braids for 2 years. I think she just left the hair alone to get it to grow back. She didn't say she used a growth aide or anything.

Back