My Thermal Reconditioning Consultation!

Radiance

Hello Everyone,

I had just posted a long report about my thermal reconditioning consultation. However, due to the situation that took place yesterday, I have deleted the original post because I had an address and phone number listed along with the name of the stylist. It's a shame I had to do this, but I don't want any embarrassing situations to occur with crazy people calling that salon! I know for certain that HoneyRockette was the only one interested in getting this procedure, so she is the only one I will PM with this information. Everyone else, sorry for the inconvenience, but the salon is fantastic and I want no problems with trolls calling them for no other reason than to harrass them.

G

Now see that's not fair! Why should the majority suffer for the obnoxious few?!

carrie

I am just curious wht the salon siad to you and what your hair type is. Just basic info. You don't have to give details about addy/phone number.

Radiance

I'm sorry everyone. The only one who has the full info is HoneyRockette. I know that she was sincere about receiving the process
Carrie the stylist said that the procedure generally does not work on afro-textured hair. And many salons would not even attempt to try it on black women. My hair type is in the 2 category. However, he did say that if anyone wanted to do a sample test, he would do it for free. This is a world famous salon located in NYC where I live, and it's a damn shame that I feel I can't post the information here, because they do relaxers too. Pebbles said I could post the information but I don't feel comfortable doing this
Especially if the trolls find out the salon and stylists are white, relaxing black peoples hair

This stylist and the staff was so professional and friendly! This was my first experience at a white salon, and I'm also happy to report I have no horror stories to tell. The experience was very positive indeed and that stylist was so patient. He did his best to answer any question that I had
I couldn't believe he said he would do a sample test for free
This is how sweet the man was. And this is no b-class salon. This is a 5-star salon, and if I had to rate it on a scale from 1-10 in terms of professional, friendliness I would give them an 11. I will go there and get my relaxer done, this is how impressed I am with them. As I've said, they are world famous. If I said the name, everyone here would know, but like I also said, the relationship between them and their black clientele is great and I want no trouble from crazy a$$ people calling the salon with this damn black/white trying to imitate white bull$***!

carrie

I appreciate the info you just gave. I understand where you are coming from. I am curious about the proceedure, but I have 4a/b hair and being a guinea pig is out of the question!

Radiance

I understand about not being a guinea pig Carrie. But they would only do this on a very small section of the hair if the client was willing

Leigh

I completely understand Radiance. Can you tell us how he consultation went sans the demographic info?

Leigh

Leigh

I actually like the way white stylists do my hair. Every white person I have gone to have done an excellent job, with the exception of one combing a little too hard after a wash and conditioner. My hair was tangled from color and highlights. Now I would tell him to please rewash my hair with the detangling shampoo (kera care) and then comb. At the time I just told him that my hair isn't usually this tangled. He said it was probably the color. In the end it turned out really nice, though I lost a lot of hair. You couldn't tell though.

I would probably do the sample.

Leigh

Leigh

I hear ya. I would probably do it on a small section though. At the rate my hair usually grows it wouldn't be a good idea in the long run. I'm surprised that it supposedly doesn't work on Afro textured hair since the site shows nappy asian women (sorry I don't remember the site address).

Leigh