My scalp is itching like wildfire!

pazyamor

My scalp has been very irritated for the past few months and I can't figure out why: I've oiled it, watched more, and now I have a full-sew in weave and it's itching me so bad, I'm messing the weave up! Can anybody thnk of what the problem might be, and how I can fix it? Thanks

KAT25

sounds like you have an allergy to the sew-in, ummm.... u might need to take it out!!

SO sorry that you are going through this.

Platinum

What products are you using on your scalp? Is there a possibility that you may be having a reaction to whatever you put on your scalp? You may need to try peppermint oil with jojoba, olive, or castor oil to soothe your scalp. Do you drink a lot of water? If not, you may need to increase your intake. Just guessing here...Hope this helps

If this doesn't work, then you might have to do what Kat25 said and just take the weave out. Hopefuly, some of the other sisters will chime in with other possible solutions.

simone103

Keracare Dry and Itchy scalp shampoo is really good at calming your scalp. Just dilute it in a cup of water and pour it over your scalp.

mnemosyne

When they put the weave in did they use synthetic hair to strengthen the braid? That has chemicals on it that I'm (and other people are) allergic to. I think you can pre-soak the hair in a vinegar mix to strip it off and then let it dry, but I'm not sure. I've only had 2 weaves in my lifetime. :spinning:

laurend

When I had an allergic reaction to hair dye the pharmacist told me to take Benadryl and I put hydrocortisone cream on my scalp.