Severe Itching...Found RELIEF!

Moroni

The stylist kept the Affirm No-Lye relaxer on my head longer than normal during my relaxer 2 weeks ago. Probably because my hair was more resistant due to henna on my NG. So my scalp was a already little irritated, but I was eager to start the sulfur/oils growth aid that gave me fantastic growth the last 2 months, so I started again about the 5th day after the relaxer, and after the second co-wash. My scalp became MORE irritated. After about the 3rd application of the magic potions, my scalp began to itch, and itch. MAN! I know how bad it is to scratch, but I was going at it like there's noooooo tomorrow. Nothing helped. Itching during pre poo, during CW, during DC, air drying...sleeping even. :sad:

Yesterday after henna (scalp felt irritated with the henna) and DC, it calmed down a little only. This morning, itching started again, and then... I had an excellent idea! I mixed a little tea tree oil with castor oil, and put it on my scalp this morning. Ahhh! :happydance: No more itching---all day. I can tell the irritation is still there, so I'll apply it again tonight, and keep doing it until my scalp is healed. But, WHEW!! Now I know R E L I E F = TTO + Castor Oil.

Have you ever gotten a scalp irritation that led to itching like that before? What did you use that stopped it in its track with the first application?

frizzy

I made up one a few days ago myself. I usually use a mix of coconut oil and rosemary EO as my alternate scalp treatment aside from sulfer mixed with carrier oils. But instead of just coconut oil and rosemary EO, I also added some emu oil, some flax oil, lecithin and the "magic" itch relief ingredient of ACV. I made this stuff up 2 days ago and my itching subsided completely, I used it again today once the itchies started up.

I did a full henna followed by a full indigo application 2 days ago, and my hair looks and feels GREAT!

ETA--TTO is a wonderful itch relief product that I still use, but I don't want that "old lady" smell that comes with it. I'll use it the night before washing.

Last edited:

Evazhair

I use food grade aloe vera gel mixed with castor and jojoba. Very soothing and gets rid of itching and discomfort.

Moroni

I made up one a few days ago myself. I usually use a mix of coconut oil and rosemary EO as my alternate scalp treatment aside from sulfer mixed with carrier oils. But instead of just coconut oil and rosemary EO, I also added some emu oil, some flax oil, lecithin and the "magic" itch relief ingredient of ACV. I made this stuff up 2 days ago and my itching subsided completely, I used it again today once the itchies started up.

I did a full henna followed by a full indigo application 2 days ago, and my hair looks and feels GREAT!

ETA--TTO is a wonderful itch relief product that I still use, but I don't want that "old lady" smell that comes with it. I'll use it the night before washing.

Hey, I know exactly what you mean about that smell, Frizzy. Your scalp treatment oils sound great, though. The ACV made that much difference, huh? You know, I've done some testing, just preliminary mind you, but I think I'm allergic to peppermint oil, and that could be what tipped me over the edge. I'll keep you posted.

Moroni

I use food grade aloe vera gel mixed with castor and jojoba. Very soothing and gets rid of itching and discomfort.

Evazhair, now thanks to you and Frizzy, I've got some great ideas for scalp treatments the next time I need something without a tell-all smell like TTO! :yep:

frizzy

Hey Moroni glad to help.

Come to think of it I have a little peppermint oil in the mix, too. I'm gonna up the rosemary EO and peppermint EO content in it cause I want the tingles. :grin:

Keep us posted!

Evazhair--Are you natural? If not, please tell me how you apply the aloe without wetting your scalp down completely. TIA