My scalp is itching like crazy

Selene

OK, I went ahead and got a sew in weave about 2 weeks ago. Before I got the weave done, I got my regularly, wash, condition, and scalp treatment. My head is itching like crazy now. Everytime I get my hair braided, it seems to itch. Does anyone else suffer from this? I oiled my scalp and I am keeping it clean, and the hair weave doesn't have any colors in it, still I itch. I suffer from psorasis like others on the board, maybe that has something to do with it. I know my boyfriend was looking at me crazy as I took a rat tail comb to my scalp in a itching frenzy. Any tips, suggestions, advice???

PrettyBrownEyes

Yes, my scalp has itched like crazy when I have worn weaves and braids. For me, I know the problem at least with a weave is my scalp can't really breathe.

What I can't do is spray my scalp with Braid spray
that makes it all the worse. I have used witch hazel in the past that helped some and ORS Olive Oil in the jar helped also.

ThickNBeautiful

Try some Tea Tree Oil. That really helped my itchy scalp when I was in braids. It's possible that your hair was pulled during braiding and is healing. The braider doesn't even have to braid tight for this to happen. That is what always happened to me. HTH.