Why is my scalp itching sooo bad????

blaqbarb

Lately my scalp has been itching like crazy. My first thought was that it was caused by the amla oil I was using, so I now just use it on my ends and skip over the scalp area. That didn't help because my scalp still itched all the time. My next thought was it's itching because I need to wash it, but it itches before and a little while after I wash it. My scalp isn't dry and flaky, so that's not it either.

I can't even figure out when I'm going to relax my hair since I can't stop scratching. I even figured it might be itching due to growth, but who knows.

Why is my head itching so bad????

bermudabeauty

I have itchy scalp too. I'm thinking maybe a moisture problem. Maybe not enough moisture in the scalp. Could be that all the shampoo and conditioner and stuff is not being fully rinsed out of the hair. Or it could be "hard water" or harsh chemicals in your shower water causing dry, itchy, irritated scalp. You may want to get a shower filter. I'm considering it. Just some suggestions.

My hair use to itch me SOO bad and I couldn't figure out why. Eventually I figured out it was the sulfates in my shampoo (I washed every 3 days) so now I don't use shampoo I just straight co-wash and my hair is not dirty

mezzogirl

I have an itch question also. Just in the past few months, I've noticed that my head itches very badly after i wash it. Not while washing or soaking wet. My head itches while it's drying. After it's dry, I don't notice any itching. What could it be? It mostly itches in the back of my head.:ohwell:

clever

I have an itch question also. Just in the past few months, I've noticed that my head itches very badly after i wash it. Not while washing or soaking wet. My head itches while it's drying. After it's dry, I don't notice any itching. What could it be? It mostly itches in the back of my head.:ohwell:
Are you rinsing ALL of the conditioner/shampoo away from back there?I had a similar problem but now I do an extra rinse and massage with my fingers to make sure all of the product is off of my scalp.:yep:

Irresistible

what do you use on your scalp? or any new products?

you could try tea tree oil and/or a listerine rinse (kills germs), just add back lots of moisture after or probably better a witch hazel rinse

Nonie

If the itches started after you changed your regimen, say introduced Alma, then get rid of it.

My scalp itches if any products come into contact with it, which is why I never apply anything to my scalp, and don't even care to have products in my hair when wearing braids and twists. I don't remember if S Curl--the only product I've used in my hair when wearing it out in recent years--made me itch. But I do know keeping my scalp free of products leaves me with a clean, itch-free scalp. When I CW or condition after a shampoo, I always avoiding putting conditioner directly on my scalp. I usually apply it to the hair about an inch from the scalp. I always conclude the wash with a good scalp massage with head submerged in an ACV solution (ACV, water, EOs) so that I am sure my scalp is free of any itch-inducing residue.