My quest for the perfect detangling comb... ends in the pet store.

Geminigirl

That comb looks nice, and it's seamless. There is a pet store across the street...hmmmm. To me it looks like it feels good through your hair and on your scalp, and it's shiny. I like it!

Interesting comb

I think I need the longer teeth of the K cutter tho

always surprised to hear people had issues with the plastic, for 16+ years it's been doing me so righteous with no issues. I think some of ya'll might have gotten knock offs/poorly made K cutters or somethin.......I dunno

but whatever works. This seems like a cool comb though , sturdy for sure LOL

Where did you get your K Cutter from? The one's at the BSS are plastic and have the sharp stuff in between that snags your hair. I never bought it cause the ones I seen on youtube didn't look like that, so I figured those were the cheap ones. One thing I have learned is you can't be cheap with your combs. Ateast for me and my hair.

Nonie

It looks scary :(

Doesn't look scary to me. The metal teeth remind me of my all time favorite comb before I moved onto bone combs: the metal pick with a fist han.

Interesting comb

I think I need the longer teeth of the K cutter tho

I concur on the long teeth. The main thing I use combs for is combing out my afro puff and I need long teeth to get a nice round shape. :p Never used or wanted to use the K Cutter coz the handle is in the wrong position. :giggle: Picks got it right, IMO.

Fine 4s

I can't stand long teeth combs!
My wide and long toothed bone comb stabs me in my scalp everytime I use it.
I'm not aiming it right, less control....

Irresistible

That comb looks nice, and it's seamless. There is a pet store across the street...hmmmm. To me it looks like it feels good through your hair and on your scalp, and it's shiny. I like it!

Where did you get your K Cutter from? The one's at the BSS are plastic and have the sharp stuff in between that snags your hair. I never bought it cause the ones I seen on youtube didn't look like that, so I figured those were the cheap ones. One thing I have learned is you can't be cheap with your combs. Ateast for me and my hair.
I buy mine at this lil asain owned beauty supply store, had been going there for many many years. This is why I sent so many out to ladies back in the day, they couldnt get the right comb. I don't live right by that spot now, so I can't do that again. But it came in a package, it wasn't sold loose-That's the only thing I know to say to look for. I have some extra ones somewhere, but God only knows where right now, I still have some stuff packed from a now two year ago move, I would look at the package if I could -there must be a maker or something on it

Last edited:

Nonie

I can't stand long teeth combs!
My wide and long toothed bone comb stabs me in my scalp everytime I use it.
I'm not aiming it right, less control....

:lachen: Amateur! :rolleyes: :rofl:

Sorry to laugh but I have never imagined that happened so couldn't help it. :lol:

Po' head. :kiss:

Geminigirl

I buy mine at this lil asain owned beauty supply store, had been going there for many many years. This is why I sent so many out to ladies back in the day, they couldnt get the right comb. I don't live right by that spot now, so I can't do that again. But it came in a package, it wasn't sold loose-That's the only thing I know to say to look for. I have some extra ones somewhere, but God only knows where right now, I still have some stuff packed from a now two year ago move, I would look at the package if I could -there must be a maker or something on it

Oh ok well you were lucky. If you find out the name let me know. I have been wanting to try this comb since back when I was relaxed.

DivaD04

i've put one in the cart for me and my dd...i will have to get it later. this looks like a great conditioning comb.

eta: fine 4's i feel you. i can't stand them...they are the devil!
now if i can get my hands on an actual bone combs....huh, if i knew someone who was cool enough to get me one from africa. i've looked online and nothing but i know someone with 1 or 2 and she not giving nothing up.

Last edited:

Bene

I ordered it last night. Had to look around for a bit for other stuff so I could get the free shipping. :)

morehairplease

thanks for sharing OP! If any fine haired ladies purchase this come before I do let me know what you think about it.
tia,
tishee

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
That Oster pet comb is very cute and QUITE STYLISH LOOKING, I must add. I believe in making the most productive use of my time...that's why
I am going to check out the pet shampoo and conditioner while I am there, too. :look: :yep:

Bene

So, I got the comb in the mail today. Just tried it out. First of all, it's HEAVY. But, it works well. Right now my hair is straightened, so I'll have to wait a little bit before I try it out on my ravenous comb killing hair.

Nonie

so what are these bone combs you two are speaking of?

Most "bone" combs you find are actually made from resin and are seamless as found at Hairsense, but the real bone combs are made from horns as seen in this likely-to-induce-a-fit-coz-of-how-busy-it-is/looks website: http://www.horncombs.com/

I got a similar real bone comb as a gift from China and was surprised that in China they actually believe in "scritching" being of some benefit--only they use the handle (<--a word I hated so much thinking it's some fake creation but turns out it's actually a trademarked word from that site that implies massaging using bone combs).

Bene

I have a bakelite comb from Hairsense. It's really a good comb, but I seem to have misplaced mine somewhere in here. It's totally seamless and it's great for de-tangling wet hair.

As for bone combs, I have one from Heavenly Harvest. I don't have anything bad to say about it, it's certainly functional, but I find myself not really using it. The teeth are thick, and for some reason, I don't feel like it penetrates through my strands. It could be just my imagination, but I feel that a comb with finer teeth gets the job done better. I'll use this on dry and oiled hair.

NorthernCalGal

Well after hitting 2 pet stores with no luck and becoming tired of every salesperson asking what kind of dog I have. (My imaginary dog is a labrador retriever). I ordered the comb online. Can't wait to try it.

Neith

So, I got the comb in the mail today. Just tried it out. First of all, it's HEAVY. But, it works well. Right now my hair is straightened, so I'll have to wait a little bit before I try it out on my ravenous comb killing hair.

So, how'd it go? :)

Well after hitting 2 pet stores with no luck and becoming tired of every salesperson asking what kind of dog I have. (My imaginary dog is a labrador retriever). I ordered the comb online. Can't wait to try it.

:rofl: Sorry you had to order online.

Hmmmm... maybe lhcf bought them all up, who knows? :lachen:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

That's how I feel, it's like the thick teeth have to BUST through the strands.
I have a bakelite comb from Hairsense. It's really a good comb, but I seem to have misplaced mine somewhere in here. It's totally seamless and it's great for de-tangling wet hair.

As for bone combs, I have one from Heavenly Harvest. I don't have anything bad to say about it, it's certainly functional, but I find myself not really using it. The teeth are thick, and for some reason, I don't feel like it penetrates through my strands. It could be just my imagination, but I feel that a comb with finer teeth gets the job done better. I'll use this on dry and oiled hair.

NorthernCalGal

Received my comb via amazon. It's a keeper. Granted it is heavy and if this thing falls on your baby toe in the shower, Lord help you.:grin: