Bought a K-Cutter Comb

Ipanema

I don't remember the name of the poster who orginally posted about the K-cutter comb, but I found that they sell them in my local beauty supply store, so I picked one up. The metal teeth are so smooth & the comb really does glide through the hair with no snags! I think this comb is a must have for naturals, transitioners, and those with super-thick hair (like me).

NGC

IRRISISTABLBTCH posted about it a little while back. I think someone posted about it sometime last year.

I bought one too and I agree, it definitely glided through my wet hair.

Armyqt

I'm still on the lookout for one
. If anyone in the Northern VA area stumbles up on any, please post the location. TIA

DragonPearl

I first heard about the K-cutter from Nay. Nay has a beautiful head of long natural hair. I bought my K-cutter online from Ebonyline.com, and I just love it. It's definitely a keeper!

Dutchess

I've used a K-Cutter from day one. I did buy those other more expensive combs, but I always went back to my K-Cutter.

DragonPearl

[ QUOTE ]
hotshot said:
[ QUOTE ]
carmella25 said:
I found a site that sells it for $2.99 here is the link

http://www.ebonyline.com/britprofkcut.html

[/ QUOTE ]

but you have to buy 10 bucks worth of products.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, so I ended up buying 5 K-cutters, 2 for me, and 3 that I shipped to my relatives that are natural.

Nay

Jessy, now, you're the kind of relative that I like!! Share the wealth.

And it's funny that you kept an extra one. I've done the same thing. Once you start using the K-Cutter, all other combs seem tiny in comparison

Ipanema

I don't know if mine is just a cheap version or if they're all like this, but there are a lot of sharp plastic seams where the metal teeth are inserted into the plastic handle.

So here's what I did: Wrapped one of those thin satin hair ribbons between the teeth of the k-cutter from the top down to the handle & knotted it at the end. (The back part of the comb is wrapped in satin with the teeth still exposed). I think this helps with the problem.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
[ QUOTE ]
there are a lot of sharp plastic seams where the metal teeth are inserted into the plastic handle.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "K Comb" I saw looked like this.
I don't really like my K-Cutter. The space where the metal tooth fits in creeps me out (What if my hair gets caught in there?) and the handle is a bit too flimsy. It bends and wobbles...

I like the Jumbo Detangler Rake from hairsense.com a lot better.

carmella25

[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:
Can't wait to get my hands on one!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me to I think i probably buy 2 or 3 of them

Nay

I don't know what imitations are out there, but the K-Cutters I have do not have flimsy handles or weird spaces or
sharp plastic seams!! BE AWARE OF CHEAP IMITATIONS.

I have had one of my K-Cutters for over 15 years, and that sucker is still in A-1 condition. Nothing flimsy there.

Anyway, I know that ebonyline.com sells the authentic K-Cutter. I can't vouch for any other place.

Spagirl

Thanks Nay! The one I purchased for my girl's natural hair is one of the imitations that I had to file. I paid like $1.99 for it. The teeth on the one I have are the same thickness form the tips of the teeth to it's base unlike the one on ebonyline which appears to get thicker as you go down towards the base.

Since filing it, the one I have still isn't what I would want to use on my children's hair. I'll probably order one from Ebonyline.

Ipanema

[ QUOTE ]
Nay said:
I don't know what imitations are out there, but the K-Cutters I have do not have flimsy handles or weird spaces or

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, mine is a cheap imitation, then. I'm going to order from the website you mentioned & hopefully get a better product.

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
Thanks to the ladies that posted the ebonyline link...

------> On my way to get one!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
[ QUOTE ]
So here's what I did: Wrapped one of those thin satin hair ribbons between the teeth of the k-cutter from the top down to the handle

[/ QUOTE ]

Neat trick.
I'm going to try this.
So they're bootleging K-Cutters now. Who knew?

fancypants007

Hi all, I just used my K-Cutter comb for the first time yesterday. (I bought it from ebonyline.com) It made detangling a lot easier, but I still had to take my time detangling. Sometimes, you get the notion to hurry up, but i just took my time. I never comb with conditioner in my hair, I only used leave-in condition with my K-cutter and some profectiv breakfree hair dressing. But this weekend I'm going to try using my k-cutter while the conditioner is still in my hair to see if it makes detangling easier. Anyway, I'm glad i purchased this comb. I can definitely see where it can preserve the ends of your hair.

Sweetyb

(bumping an old thread)

I received my K-cutters from Ebonyonline and I believe they are imitations--they don't look like the picture on their site and it rips out my hair :mad: and the handle is wobbly. Where can I buy the real thing??

Sweetyb

Unfortunately I'm shipping my order back for a refund. This comb just rips out my hair. It's probably better for softer hair textures. I have a black fist pick just like it and haven't used it in years. I think I'll invest in a bone rake comb.

CynamonKis

Okay. Maybe I need to be educated but I remember using one of these in the 70's (yeah i'm showin my age too) to pick out my afro, and in the process I picked out a lot of my hair. How are you Ladies using this comb for it to work so well?

Nay said:

I have had one of my K-Cutters for over 15 years, and that sucker is still in A-1 condition. Nothing flimsy there.

Anyway, I know that ebonyline.com sells the authentic K-Cutter. I can't vouch for any other place.

MizAvalon

Sweetyb said:
(bumping an old thread)

I received my K-cutters from Ebonyonline and I believe they are imitations--they don't look like the picture on their site and it rips out my hair :mad: and the handle is wobbly. Where can I buy the real thing??

Thanks so much for posting this! I was actually considering ordering from that site. Perhaps they've changed the quality of their combs since this thread was originally posted?

mkstar826

supersonic
Sweetyb said:
Unfortunately I'm shipping my order back for a refund. This comb just rips out my hair. It's probably better for softer hair textures. I have a black fist pick just like it and haven't used it in years. I think I'll invest in a bone rake comb.

yeah, i had one like the k-cutter and it did the same thing. it was just too harsh on my hair. now i use the conair shower comb and it's perfect :)