K-Cutter = Hair Breakage? Try this! (pics)

DeniseH

I know alot of ladies use k-cutter combs to detangle. I use it for my thick hair, but the plasitc at the base of the metal prongs is jagged, and it can easily tear, snap, and destroy your precious strands!

Here is a instant fix. I know everyone has some of the small cottony pony tail holders lying around that you have used to secure a bun, or bantu knots.
Simply slip 2 or 3 around the prongs, and slide them down to the base. That way, if you slide the comb all the way through your hair, you won't have to worry about breakage from the plastic.

I hope this info was helpful to all k-cutter and future k-cutter users! This really IS a good comb (NOW, lol) for detangling.

Sascha

Stay at home Mommy
Wow, I don't have one but how very ingenious! Thank you for sharing this information

BLESSED1

I just used mine today for the first time and was surprised that it had that jagged edge, it's not seamless huh? Granted it still made a HUGE difference when I detangled in the shower, I was very impressed and this is def. a keeper for my hair, along with my new denman (thanks to that it doesn't take me 10 mins to brush my extremely thick hair back into a ponytail). I don't have any of those scrunchie bands just reg. scrunchies, I'll pick up a pack at the dollar store so that I can try that, looks like a cool idea....

BAILEYSCREAM

DeniseH,

This is a great idea. A+ for that one.

My K-cutter has those jagged edges too and I thought it was just a random thing, didn't realise that most of theire combs are like that. I was actually going to get some work tools from the shed to see if I could cut out the plastic pieces.

Great tip.:up:

GodMadeMePretty

Great tip. I actually had a pick - same concept but different handling. Alas, I broke my pick - with my hair. Any tips on how to avoid that? LOL!! I wasn't being very gentle when I was using it.