My Mom Wants to know...

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Her hair is cut into a short style. She asked me if I knew what she could do, or products to use to make her hair thicker. Could you please let me know what she can do? Also, what products should she use? I heard Main and Tail has good products for this. As always, thanks in advance, from my mom too!:yep:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I know that biotin thickens the hair shaft, and a lot of ppl here use castor oil and JBCO for thickening. There are also some indian oils and powders that help thicken up the hair, but I can't remember which ones. Maybe someone else can chime in on that. HTH!!! :grin:

SoOoNY

I know that biotin thickens the hair shaft, and a lot of ppl here use castor oil and JBCO for thickening. There are also some indian oils and powders that help thicken up the hair, but I can't remember which ones. Maybe someone else can chime in on that. HTH!!! :grin:

Amla and ****aki (i know i spelled it wrong but it something along the lines of that...lol) are the indian oils that thicken you hair and make it grow.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member

Okay, my mom said she's down to try the Biotin. I remember I took that once when you mentioned it. She's 63YO, so she's not going to go too far out of the box with all the indian stuff though :grin: What shampoos and conditioners can she use?

guudhair

JASON Thin-To-Thick Shampoo (it has biotin in it) and JASON Natural Biotin Shampoo are two good ones.

BeautifulFlower

I swear by coconut oil. It is has so many benefits for the hair and skin and your overall health. Indian women use it with scalp massages to thicken hair. Coconut oil protects hair from protein loss.

tricie

She may want to try castor oil (JBCO) on her ends; they thickened mine up!

HTH & HHG!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
She may want to try castor oil (JBCO) on her ends; they thickened mine up!

HTH & HHG!

I echo this!! :clapping: Never before has my hair been so thick and full. I think biotin/pantothenic acid/castor oil (particularly on the ends) have really helped my hair. :clapping: