I need some advice please!

brandy

Hi Natural 4A/4B ladies,
Could you please tell me what products you use to make your hair soft. I am transitioning and would like to know what products to use to make transitioning easier.Thanks for your suggestions in advance.

I don't really think it's the product that makes the transition easier. It's the hairstyle you're wearing that will ease your transition. I couldn't deal with it so my solution was to cut the straight hair as soon as I felt comfortable enough to let go. I like sta-so-fro for moisture. You might also want to try keracare moisturizer with jojoba oil...applied to hair while wet. Jane carter makes hair nourishing serum -love that. I could go on and on but it really depends on the style you're wearing.

The right products and tools are imoprtant and do make transitioning easier its the diffrence betwenn having manable or tangled breaking hair. I use my homemade moisturiser to keep my hair tangle free and soft its combined with Rosewater, glycerin, cocnut oil, v05 creamy peaches conditioner, and some water).

i use it daily on my haistyles usually a bun, or braids. I also spray it on before i comb my hair with my k-cutter the tangles just fall out easily without breaking the two diffrent textures. I use most of the vo5 conditioners for cw they make hair soft and moisturised this will help keep breakage to a minimal. For shampooing whjich i do rarely, i use CON Ultra moisturising it makes my hair super soft and doesn't strip.

RAW SHEA butter, is a great moisturiser, plus dark and lovely dry hair healer and their ultra cholesterol is excellent deep conditioners which softens the hair. Good luck

Ladies thanks alot for your tips.
Den1 where could I buy the raw shea butter? I am going to start using some of the products you mentioned, thanks.

brandy said:
Ladies thanks alot for your tips.
Den1 where could I buy the raw shea butter? I am going to start using some of the products you mentioned, thanks.
I purchased raw shea butter from www.nubiannatural.com/acatalog/Nubian_Shea_Body_Butter_5.html
the company is based in London. Also try out this R2E all natural pomade http://roots2ends.co.uk/index.php its wicked man!!!!! picked up a sample from Afro hair and beauty show. you could buy the trial size for £1.50. its makes my coarse 4b hair soft and shiny, its best used on damp hair. i think you'll love both products.

brandy said:
Oh my gosh Den1!! Those sites are cool! Thanks men you are a gem.
Yeah those sites are wicked aren't they? let me know when you've placed your order. i'd love to see how it works on your hair. Their skin care stuff is brilliant. i tried the shea butter body lotion, and my skin felt like silk.

Last edited:
I put regular conditioner on damp hair to make my hair soft. Kenra moisturizing conditioner is good as a leave in. So is Herbal Essences Replenishing Conditioner for dry, damaged hair.

Back