My Henna Hair Stinks. Help me cover it!

IndianAngel22

I just rinsed out my Henna, and it smells just like it did last time. NASTAY! I straightened my hair last time and had to wait 2 weeks for the smell to subside. What can I do NOW before straightening to make the smell go away?

HoneyDew

I notice that in the times that I still smelled henna in my hair after rinsing, it was because I did not clean it well enough.

What are you using to rinse with?

IndianAngel22

I decided to shampoo with Pantene Relaxed & Natural and Condition. Hair smells much better. People told me not to Shampoo after but I believe removing this step is what made my hair stink so bad. Thanks!

HoneyDew

I decided to shampoo with Pantene Relaxed & Natural and Condition. Hair smells much better. People told me not to Shampoo after but I believe removing this step is what made my hair stink so bad. Thanks!

I have to shampoo. In fact I do several lathers. I never have dry hair. NEVER.

One thing that may help is rinsing it out several timeswith a watery conditioner like V05 and then do one shampoo with a mild clarifying one like Traders Joes Nourish Spa or Giobanni 50/50 - those are sulfate free. (or just your moisturizing one)

I must use shampoo and never have a problem with it.