Suggestions Needed: Cover Up Indigo/Henna Smell

He_Leads_I_follow

Hi -
Can anyone suggests some oils to help cover up the smell from Indigo and Henna? I did a henna and indigo treatment on a friend a month ago and she had a violent reaction to the smell. it gave her a terrible headache. It was scary! I think next time I will base her scalp like I would a relaxer in case the mixture on her scalp caused it. But she is also sensitive to smells so I want to cover up the smell as well to see if this helps.

I appreciate your input.

It~Can~Grow

Sorry to hear this happened to your friend.

I recently (a week ago) did Henna / Indigo. Thought it smelled like spinach..oh, well. I based my scalp just because I wasn't familiar with the product (didn't know if it would burn...yahda...yahda..). Just to let you know...the base did nothing to break down the smell :nono: so not sure what else you could do beyond maybe adding lavendar/rosemary eos to the mix?

However, if she's sensitive to smells - those may bother her as well :ohwell:

wonderstar

A blend of peppermint and rosemary essential oils added to the paste before applied to hair masks the smell.

He_Leads_I_follow

Thanks for responding! No, the base has nothing to do with controlling the smell. I just thought I would try that in case she got a headache from the mixture penetrating her scalp. I wanted oil suggestions so I can bring her to the health store and smell them to see if she can tolerate the smell. I didn't want to just try any oil she may like because they may not be strong enough to cover the smell. For instance , she likes vanilla but I don't see how that could cover the smell. :ohwell: So I thought it best to gather the info from experienced folks like yourself and start from there!

Thanks again for your input!:yep: