My hair smells like straight DIRT!

Neith

I have an extremely sensitive nose.

I'm like a human bloodhound. My bf once smoked a few cigarettes, brushed his teeth, used mouthwash, washed his hands, changed his shirt, put on cologne, chewed gum (all to hide that he fell off the wagon from me) and like 8 hours later I STILL smelled that ish. :lol: He couldn't believe it.

So this morning was my first henna gloss experience. I mixed two tablespoons of henna with some coca cola - which works fine for color release btw. I think I started seeing color in an hour... this is jamila henna, takes forever to relase color on its own.

Anyway I let it sit for a few hours, then I mixed a bunch of V05 Conditioner with it. I applied it to my freshly shampooed hair, went under the heating cap for half an hour.

I then rinsed for a full three minutes, loaded my hair up with V05 and massaged that into my scalp and hair, rinsed, loaded up with V05 again, then rinsed for another 3 minutes. Then I deep conditioned and went about my usual styling routine.

I don't find henna to be very nasty smelling. It smells like grass or hay... not offensive if you just get a whiff of it.

However smelling it all day is going to drive me NUTS :spinning: I won't use it anymore if I have to smell this, or even smell it faintly. It's just very uncomfortable for me.

I know that adding an essential oil can help, but I'm afraid that a faint smell of henna is still going to remain.

Is there any way to use it and have NO smell afterwards?

SparklingFlame

I'm sorry but I had to come in here to :lachen:at your thread title!

Sorry to say I think you are going to be stuck smelling yourself. Especially since you are a human bloodhound, just like my ma.

Its gonna have to wear off.

Neith

Man...

Ah well, I can't do the henna anymore. :lol:

I do like shine and the little hint of color, but it's so not worth it if I'm running around smelling like this.

Gemini350z

I bet no one else can smell it..lol

But I understand, I did a henna treatment last weekend, and my hair had a faint smell of dirt, even with the kenra condish and rosemary oil mixed in. But the color looks awsome, so I think i can take it for about 5 days until the smell is gone.

JustKiya

:rofl: at the title!!! Girl, I knew you were talking about henna.

How long did you rinse it out? bout 6 minutes total, it looks like? :nono: You need at least 15, seriously, esp with your supernose. It get boring, but it should help reduce the smell - you most likely still have a little henna in your hair.

Neith

:rofl: at the title!!! Girl, I knew you were talking about henna.

How long did you rinse it out? bout 6 minutes total, it looks like? :nono: You need at least 15, seriously, esp with your supernose. It get boring, but it should help reduce the smell - you most likely still have a little henna in your hair.

I would say I rinsed for at least 10 minutes, maybe not 15. The time that I loaded my hair up with conditioner and massaged was mostly underwater too.