My first question, it's about curl activator...

Leshia

My first question, it\'s about curl activator...

Hey ladies, I'm wondering about the curl activator being used as a moisturizer. I've tried it just recently after washing my hair along with some sweet almond oil and slept on it. Although my hair was a bit hard the next morning, as I combed it I found that virtually no hair was in the comb. Has anyone experienced this or is everyone else's hair soft when they use the activator? Any secrets to soft hair using this stuff? I was afraid to comb it but, to my surprise, maybe 2 pieces of hair in the comb. (This may also be because I've recently been taking some marine protein as well though.)

adrienne0914

Re: My first question, it\'s about curl activator...

hi, leshia and welcome to the group!!

people are always really surprised when they try the curl activator. so was i. lol! this is precisely why i use it though. because it provides so much moisture, i just don't lose as much hair as i did when i didn't use it. if your hair was crunchy, you might have put too much, but too much definitely won't harm the hair. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

Leshia

Thanks so much for the welcome, Adrienne. I'll try not to go crazy with the activator, but let me ask you this--Do you put any additional oils, conditioners or anything else in your hair when you use the activator gel? I'm panicking in this weather. My thermometer in my Explorer read 5 degrees when I got into it the other day! Yikes!

adrienne0914

no, i don't normally add anything to the activator besides alcohol free gel to keep my hair in place all day. i probably should add some EOs though to help get my scalp problem under control. if i didn't have that issue, i definitely think the activator is enough by itself.

don't panic. if you don't get the results you want, you can definitely modify what you're doing. "listen to the hair!" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

adrienne

NAY007

Adrienne,

i also have a question. i had bought this stuff last year some time but it made my hair hard too. maybe like you already said i used too much.
my question is do you use it after washing&conditioning in your damp hair and do you use it every day as a leave in?
thanks nay.

free2bme

The hardness might be as a result of the brand. When I was texturized, I tried many brands. The worst was the Proclaim curl activator. It left my hair dry & crunchy. I just started using the "S" Curl no drip and it is the absolute bomb!! Just moisture through and through and my hair stays moisturised.